I thought I'd do a post listing all the minor things I find irritating....you never know, seeing them written down might cure the irritation! In the interests of being fair and balanced, tomorrow I'll do a list of things that bring me joy. 😁
1. Getting a carton of milk out of the fridge, to find that somebody - naming no names but it isn't me - has left just a teaspoonful in it. Same with just 2 sheets of paper left on the toilet roll.
2. Being given a load of copper in my change.....pennies are virtually useless and they weigh my purse down. And what's with charging 99p (or 2.99, or 16.99, whatever) for everything? Just call it what it is and round it up for goodness sake! There'd be no need for the pennies then.
3. Tin openers that work for about a week, then give up the ghost. Same goes for salt and pepper grinders. Lost count of the number of them we've bought.
4. Endless repeats of programmes on TV, especially things that don't interest me in the slightest (like Top Gear) but husband would happily watch over and over. And only repeats of films that we've all seen dozens of times on TV on Saturday nights.....they clearly think everyone goes out on a Saturday night so no point in putting anything new or decent on.
5. Shrink wrap plastic on vegetables, and thick plastic encasing things like batteries or toothbrushes - almost impossible to get off without cutting yourself.
6. People who don't answer texts or emails. I get that people are busy, but to never answer at all is just plain rude (Yes I'm talking about you, M!!!).
7. When you have to phone a company, only to be confronted with about 6 or 8 different "Press 1 (2/3/6 by which time I've forgotten the first one) for ….." options.....and then, to add insult to injury, being left on hold with terrible tinny musak for ages before an actual human answers.
8. Delivery men who don't shut our front gate, and those who constantly try to deliver parcels to us which aren't for us at all, but for our neighbours two doors down who they've just driven past to get to us!
9. Neighbours who don't take their rubbish bins in for several days after the dustmen have been, thus leaving their bins blocking up our driveway, especially when the wind keeps blowing them over.
10. Cracking eggs into a bowl and a bit of shell falling in, which you then have to chase around the bowl trying to get out.
What irritates you?