As an antidote to yesterday's 'irritated' post, here's a list of things that fill me with joy.
1. A £3 bunch of spray carnations from the supermarket that last for 3 or 4 weeks and make me smile every time I come into the room.
2. My dog snuggling up to me on the sofa, resting her head on my thigh and looking up at me....makes my heart melt.
3. Taking her to the beach and watching her race around chasing bits of seaweed, digging holes in the sand and throwing herself down on her back and rolling around in sheer unadulterated joy.
4. Husband doing the hoovering without being asked, because he knows how much it hurts my back and hip.
5. Seeing Spring bulbs flowering, yellow primroses in the roadside grass verges and blossom coming out on the flowering cherries.
6. The smell of homegrown carrots and tomatoes in the summer.
7. The first night in bed when you've just changed the bedding - love fresh clean, preferably line dried, bedding.
8. Finding a really well fitting, comfortable bra!
9. The photo of Mum I have as my screen saver - makes me smile every morning, although it's tinged with sadness.
10. Hearing the birds singing the dawn chorus - makes it worthwhile waking up early every day.
11. Any programme on TV that makes me laugh out loud. Not many of those.
12. A visit from my best friend - sadly a rarity nowadays, due to a busy life.
(ooh, there's more joyful things than irritated ones - that's good).
What makes you joyful?