Followers

Monday 1 July 2024

A better week, hopefully

 Yesterday was one of those days when nothing seemed to go right....hopefully there won't be too many more like that this week, I don't think my nerves could stand it.

Husband has now ordered a replacement remote control, it should be delivered on Wednesday.  He's also discovered he can watch iPlayer on his computer, so the crisis (of him having no telly to watch and me having to put up with his constant complaints and moping around) has been averted.  

I've decided it would be prudent for me to make out a list of things husband needs to do each time we go to/leave the caravan, a check list so he can tick off each job as he does it.  Hopefully that might save a few headaches/mistakes in the future.  I have more than enough things to do myself, without having to remember all the things he should be doing too, my brain only has so much capacity!

I feel wrung out this morning, I didn't sleep very well - think I was too exhausted to sleep and my mind was ticking over too much.  I've got a few jobs to be getting on with today, and husband has his chest x-ray this afternoon at the local community hospital, which is only 5 mins drive away, I'll go with him of course to make sure it all goes smoothly (who knows what might happen if I let him go on his own! 😂).

C&J's caravan has apparently been sold, according to our fellow van owners, a nice couple from Wales viewed it and paid a deposit on Saturday, so we'll have new neighbours when we next go.  Another van quite near to us has also sold over the weekend, to a woman described by our friends as 'somewhat odd and quite abrasive', she also apparently has 3 small and exceedingly yappy dogs, who she doesn't appear to have much control over.  Oh dear.  Think we'll be keeping our distance from her.

Thank you for all the comments again.  Some of you mentioned that perhaps the caravan doesn't feel so important now that we have our lovely new home and garden, near to all the facilities we require and in a very nice (and populated!) area.  On reflection, I think you're right.  We're not making any firm decisions on the van right now, we'll just see how things are next year.

I'm looking forward to the kitchen planner coming on Friday, I hope this means the new kitchen will be fitted in the not too distant future.  I'm assuming we'll be having new flooring and wall tiles too.  I'm very grateful both that the Housing Association are doing this work, and that we're being given the opportunity to choose from a range of styles.  And that we have the caravan to escape to whilst the work is being done.


7 comments:

  1. Well, one set of new neighbours sounds lovely, not sure about the 3 yappy dogs! But maybe she won't be there when you are!
    You're lucky having the caravan to escape to during the kitchen re-fit. When we had our kitchen done a few years ago, we had a makeshift kitchen, consisting of microwave, kettle and toaster, in the dining room. All the pots needing washing had to be put in the washing up bowl and taken up to the bathroom to be washed. Two weeks that seemed like months. Not to mention the dust everywhere! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't bear to stay here whilst the work's being done K, the noise and mess would drive me round the bend. As would Betty, she'd be woofing and whining the whole time. When we had central heating installed at our last house, we had to go out every day (we didn't have the caravan then) just to get away from it all. Still, it will be lovely, I'm sure, when it's all done. xx

      Delete
    2. Yes, and we want photos, please! xx

      Delete
  2. I think lists are the answer, I honestly couldn't cope these days without having lots of them for different scenarios. As you say, there's just too much to try to keep in your head otherwise, and you have to do the remembering for both of you!

    Nice to have a new kitchen to look forward to, and very good to have a choice of styles. I like it when there's some choice, but not unlimited because too wide a choice really stresses me out 😆. I can't be the only one who finds that (or maybe I am!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, you're not alone on the too much choice front. I'm happier when it's either "this one, or that one"! xx

      Delete
  3. Lists are great and I have kept them for years. They were actually very handy when I was working and now I just keep on with them. Great idea to make Hubby a list to check off.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, however please note that rude ones won't be published. Nor will anonymous ones now.