Followers

Saturday 8 January 2022

Rough

 Full on anxiety, stress and worry here, several things going on, and both of us are feeling rough physically (negative LF tests, so it's normal colds/coughs - hopefully).  My guts are awful again (not poor diet now, just stress) and I've got earache with the cold.

Family member who is problematical has been a nightmare recently, bombarding us with literally dozens of messages.  As it's husband's birthday today and we both feel so rough, I'm keeping my phone and computer switched off all day, once I've finished this post and a couple of emails I need to send, we could do without the hassle.  We're just going to have a quiet day huddled up on the sofas, with blankets, TV and books, and plenty of hot drinks.  It's peeing down so not a day for going out anywhere, even if we did feel like it.

Regarding family member, the solutions to most of his problems are in his own hands, he simply refuses to do them.  Engaging with him just makes the situation worse, so we tend to keep contact minimal.  The guilt factor I suffer when doing that though is pretty bad.  Hey ho.

The sofa arrived well within the 2 hour time slot we were given in the morning.  The box (well, it was 2 boxes, one containing just the loose covers) was absolutely huge, there's no way it would have fitted in the car and we certainly couldn't have heaved it up onto the roof bars.  We've taken it all out of the box, the main part is in the dining room, the cushions upstairs in my craft room.  The component parts, out of the box, should all fit in the car - just - when the time comes to take it to the caravan.  If we have to make two trips, so be it - that's the beauty of the van not being too far away.

16 comments:

  1. Wish you better ..keep tuck up and warm ..lots of fluids x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry that you are feeling under siege. Sending all good vibes

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter had 3 or 4 negative LFTs before a positive one, and I had 2 negatives, despite us both having symptoms, so I wouldn't put too much trust in them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Scarlet, hope you're ok. We've both tested 5 times during the last week and have been negative every time.

      Delete
    2. Over 4 weeks on now. Still coughing and tired, can't smell anything, my sense of taste comes and goes and the gut problems and dizziness persist. My superfit husband also had it and is struggling to get his fitness back. He didn't have it as bad as me and my daughter, but the effects are lasting a long time. I was in bed for 10 days as every time I tried to get up I was dizzy and exhausted.The loss of taste was very odd. I could tell if something was sweet, salty, sour or bitter but there was no flavour to anything, and even a month on some days I can't taste anything, or on other days things taste absolutely vile.We count ourselves lucky not to have been more sick than we were though.
      Hope you continue to test negative, though you may have to ration those tests if news reports are true that they're going to stop issuing them for free, and we've just got to live with it and potentially spread it as we won't know we have it!

      Delete
  4. There are some very nasty colds going the rounds this season - it sounds like you've both been affected.
    I totally agree that you are right to keep out of it. There's absolutely nothing you can do and you're just sort of 'rewarding' the negative behaviours by giving any attention. It does sound hard, I know but hold on to the fact that you are actually doing the most helpful thing.

    Yay re. the sofa. It seems to bring the spring closer!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's tough when people you care about, as you must or you'd have no guilt, just keep being their own barrier. Only so much you can do. I don't know if you'll share pictures but would love to see the caravan once you have it ready for your stays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you look back to last summer, I've put a lot of pictures of the caravan on the blog. Once we've taken out the old sofa, made good and put the new stuff in, I'll put more pictures up. And thank you, I appreciate your comments. x

      Delete
  6. Oh love, I hope you managed a restful stress free day. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope by now, you're both feeling a bit better. Happy birthday to your hubby, although feeling ill isn't the best way to celebrate! Glad the sofa arrived, and if it takes a few trips to get it all installed, it'll be worth it. Easy to say, but try not to feel guilty about your relative. You need to focus on yourselves. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A sofa day sounds good! What have you watched/ read?

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great idea of taking all the couch pieces out of the boxes. Hmmm, I wonder if I would have thought of that:) I hope you and your husband are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do hope you feel better very soon and the stress dissipates.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all for your comments, very much appreciated xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds as though switching off all forms of communication is just what you need for at least one day. You have to look after yourself properly before you can even begin to look after others.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you both get rid of those colds / feeling poorly very soon. Cosying down in front of the TV or with books and plenty of drinks sounds like the best thing. Are you taking medication to help get rid of the symptoms? I rely on the lemon & honey Flu remedies. When the problematic relative messages you next time, be straight with him and tell him you are ill and cannot cope with anyone else's problems. Then disconnect and stay disconnected until you feel able to cope. Sending (((((HUGS)))))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, however please note that rude ones won't be published. Nor will anonymous ones now.