Followers

Sunday 10 March 2024

Memories of Mum

 My lovely Mum died on Christmas Eve 2019, just 10 minutes before I got to the hospital.  I was ok with that, I'd said all along I really didn't want to watch her die.

But today is all about happy memories of Mum, of which I have many.  These are 2 of my most favourite pictures of her:-


We'd all been at Mum's house, sitting round the table playing some silly game.....Mum suddenly grabbed her tea cosy and stuck it on her head - I can't remember why now (it was a long time ago), but it shows her wacky sense of humour and not being afraid to make fun of herself.  I can remember us all being in stitches with laughter (probably something to do with the wine!).

Then this one, one of the last pictures I have of her, taken that last summer:-


It was taken in her garden up in the Midlands, by my sister - Mum was on the phone to me here in Somerset.  Mum dressed how she pleased, and looked good for her age (she was 82 or 83 there), she loved that leopard print dress and the purple cardigan suited her colouring.

I miss her.


7 comments:

  1. What a blessed woman to be remembered this way.

    P.S. I love the dress and purple cardigan too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you can now remember your Mum with happiness and laughter. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely lady.
    I miss mine too so I totally understand. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to have the photographs to remember her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely dress, and how wonderful to have those photo's to remember her by.
    I really miss my Mom as well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good to have a day when we can think of our Mums, whether they are still with us or sadly passed. Your Mum looks like a real character, and a very nice one at that. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mum died 7 years ago now, and yet I still have a moment every year when I remember that I no longer need to buy flowers and chocs for mothers day...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, however please note that rude ones won't be published. Nor will anonymous ones now.