Followers

Saturday 9 May 2020

Bread, (no) booze and annoying techie stuff

I was up at 05.10 making bread this morning....well, I made the dough yesterday, it was a no-knead one, so I just had to shape it, put it in the heated pot and bake it.  It looks lovely, will have a slice with a poached egg on it in a minute.  I didn't get up specially to do the bread, it was my normal time - well, anytime between 4 and 6 is normal for me, usually around 4.30-5.

We had our cream tea and glass of wine yesterday....a rose one (I don't know how to do the accent thingy on the 'e' in rose, sorry - technophobe blonde here....more on that later).  I didn't like the wine, not even with sliced strawberries in it - I gave up after a few slurps to toast Granddad Harry and FiL Albert and just ate the strawberries.  Over the past 3 or 4 years I've more or less given up drinking alcohol - I might have a glass or 2 of wine or G&T perhaps 2 or 3 times a year, if that.  With my 2 liver diseases (neither of which are alcohol related, just so you know!!), I'm not really supposed to drink alcohol anyway.  I have found that the less I drink any kind of alcohol, the less I like the taste of it - well certainly wine anyway, I still like the taste of gin.  And the more it seems to affect me now - I felt a bit light-headed after less than the one glass yesterday!  So that's my lot for the next few months, I'll go back to being a non-drinker.

It's forecast to be very warm today, it was too warm during the night, I had to keep kicking the duvet off (how it gets back on me again I don't know!).  Apparently the temperature is going to drop quite dramatically tomorrow - British weather for you....some areas up North are even forecast a bit of snow!  It's not supposed to be that cold down here though, thankfully.  Although I will move the pots I've put bedding plants in next to the house wall and cover them with fleece overnight, just to be on the safe side.

It's so tempting to go out for the day, picnic on the beach would be lovely.  But we won't, of course.  

An annoying techie problem....you know the little icon pic things for apps we have on our phone screens?  I cannot for the life of me remember what they're called! (combination of age, being blonde and a technophobe).  Well, one of mine has suddenly disappeared off the screen, a result of an update the app did I think.  The app is still there in my list of apps in Settings, so I can still use it, but that's too many steps to get to, I prefer the quickness and simplicity of just tapping on the little icon thingy on the phone screen.  I've asked my best friend, who's really good with tech stuff (that's why they're my best friend - haha no M you know I'm just kidding 😉), for help, I'm sure they'll be able to give me (very simple) instructions.

Have a beautiful day, everyone.  Oh, wasn't the Queen's speech lovely?

4 comments:

  1. I used to be an early riser, until the lockdown. Now I can sleep in until 7.45am, or even 8.15! Not what most people would call a lie-in. Like you, I don't drink much. We have a spritzer on a Friday evening and that's about it. I can take it or leave it with booze. Usually leave it, lol. I'm a real Luddite when it comes to tech. Beautiful weather today, not looking forward to the cold front tomorrow. Let's hope it's short-lived. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am an early riser. I love the quiet time of day and try to get some of the quiet jobs done then. I used to be getting up just as my son was coming in from clubbing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate it when things suddenly change on techie things. I can never work out what to do and I'm sure we're not the only ones.
    I'm aiming to get to where you are with the alcohol. I'm not drinking my because of SW, etc, but I still like it and it's one of my cravings (alongside cheese, bread, butter and crisps) that I have to resist.
    Well done.
    I think Her Majesty is an amazing woman.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi hun, I agree with Joy our Queen is an amazing person.I watched the series about her on Netflix and didn't realise the problems that she encountered with Prince Phillip in her marriage.The more I know about her the more I really admire her. *hugs* Goldensunflowerx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, however please note that rude ones won't be published. Nor will anonymous ones now.