Followers

Wednesday 31 March 2021

An annoyance, but something to look forward to

 My ankle is much better this morning, I can walk on it without pain, but my shoulder and elbow are worse.  I dare say they'll get better in time.  Couldn't get comfortable again last night, as well as things preying on my mind, which kept me awake for 3 or 4 hours....I spent the time alternating between sitting up in bed reading, in my bedroom recliner chair trying to doze, or downstairs surfing the internet and drinking warm milk.  I'm getting on average about 2 or 3 hours sleep a night, which means I'm constantly knackered, suffering from perpetual brain fog, find it hard to concentrate, and am fit for nothing every evening.  It's a good job we have nothing special or urgent to do.

It's all medical stuff - for both of us - at the moment.  Comes with age, I guess.  Husband has 2 hospital appointments coming up in the next month, and his 2nd Covid jab on the 24th April.  I have my post-op consultation with my lovely consultant in a fortnight, followed by a GP appointment a week later.  When the receptionist asked the other day if I needed an urgent appointment and I said no not really, I didn't expect it to be that long, nearly 4 weeks wait is definitely non-urgent!  Oh well, hopefully I'll be able to last out until then.  My 2nd Covid jab should be around the 2nd week of May, I think.

We'd ordered a rattan glass topped table and 2 chairs for the garden, it arrived earlier on....unfortunately, the glass top is completely smashed into tiny pieces, and the fittings for the table are missing 😖.  It's impossible to get through to the firm on the phone, we've tried 2 or 3 times, the phone just cuts off as soon as it's answered, so I've emailed them, sending pictures of the smashed glass.  What a bloody nuisance.  To be honest, I don't really mind if the glass top isn't replaced, the rattan/wicker table top will be fine without it, but I'll expect a discount, of course.  They do need to send us the fittings for the table, though.  Nothing is ever simple is it.

We've booked a break away in a static caravan on a very small site (just 3 vans) near Lyme Regis in May, we both feel we need to get away somewhere and it's not yet possible to go and stay with family, sadly, the rules are you can only stay in self contained accommodation from the 12th April, I think until the rules are relaxed in June?  The owner of the site where we're going has assured me on the phone that they have very thorough and high standards of cleaning, and we will be the first occupants of the caravan this year, they're not renting them out until then.  There's nobody booked into the other 2 caravans either, we'll be there on our own.....although that could change between now and then, of course.  Husband is hoping to go and visit his daughter up in the Midlands as soon as it's allowed to stay with people (so June, probably) - he hasn't seen her or his grandchildren for 18 months or so.  I'll be staying home with Betty - stepdaughter has a dog, Milo, and Betty and him don't see eye to eye.


5 comments:

  1. Glad your ankle has improved, but a shame your shoulder and elbow haven't. I've had a painful shoulder for about 6-8 weeks now. I keep exercising and it is slowly getting there. Don't remember injuring it so it's probably arthritis. Oh, the joys of old age! What a pain about the table. I hope you get some joy from the company. It should be a nice little break away for you in May. I think everyone is just waiting to get away for a little while. We've all spent so much time at home, a change of scenery would be so welcome. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you improve. We are going to Lyme Regis in September with our daughter and her family. We have a list of things that we hope we can go to, booking some of them in advance. Hope you have a good holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think two households can mix indoors May 17th. Our holiday, now cancelled was a week from 16th May. However, others couldn’t join us until the 17th. We cancelled in case things got delayed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pleased you're feeling a little better. I hate ordering stuff from suppliers I can't walk into and see face to face. But sometimes you just have too. I hope they give you a decent discount.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful break away that you have planned. I must admit that we could do with a few days away and a change of scenery.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, however please note that rude ones won't be published. Nor will anonymous ones now.