Followers

Sunday 16 June 2024

One pain eclipses another

 Lovely sunny (and dry, and hardly any wind!) start to the morning, so I could get my washing out on the line.

I've stopped taking the co-codamol and have been back on plain paracetamol the past couple of days, as the codeine was making me terribly constipated, even with over-the-counter laxative tabs.  Consequently, the shoulder pain is back with a vengeance, it was difficult and painful hanging the washing on the line.  I could have asked husband to do it, but he hangs the washing in such an illogical way, and all bunched up together with no air space between, so it dries unevenly (it's a rotary line).  I'm going to have to see if I can get a GP appointment tomorrow - I've not had reason to go to this new doctor's surgery yet in the 6 months since we've been here, the last time I went to the GP was for a blood test last October I think, so I've been lucky really.  I suspect they'll just try to give me anti-inflammatory meds, which I can't take as I have an adverse reaction to them (which is on my records), or refer me for physio, for which there's a long waiting list.  I can't afford to pay for private osteo or chiro, especially not when it takes several sessions of treatment.

At least the shoulder pain has temporarily eclipsed the hip and knee pain!  So there's one good thing I suppose (must look at the positives ๐Ÿ˜‚).  I might get husband to prep the veggies to go with the roast dinner - he's having chicken, I'm having my nut roast out of the freezer.  He had a nice Father's Day card (very humorous and true) from his youngest daughter, he gets nothing from his 2 other kids, they've been estranged for years.

So I'm having a quiet and restful day again.  Tomorrow we've got a few things to do in town, and I want to get a tray of bedding dahlias, as mentioned yesterday.  The weather looks set to be reasonable this coming week so hopefully I can spend time in the garden.  There's always something to do out there, weeding (surprising how the weeds always grow even when the veggies and flowers aren't!), tying in new growth on roses and climbers, deadheading.  I know I said I wouldn't be doing anything much more or spending on the garden from now on, but I'm thinking about getting and planting up a couple of hanging baskets for the front of the house - the brackets are already there so it would be rude not to! ๐Ÿ˜‰  I've got a trailing fuchsia in a pot in the back garden, bought by mistake (I thought it was a shrub one), it's standing on a wall at present, that'll be ideal for a hanging basket.

I've made a little loaf using some of the magic dough from Thrifty Lesley's website, it's proving at the moment, I hope it bakes alright, am sure it will.




4 comments:

  1. I wish I had a suggestion (or a magic wand) to ease your pain. I think it'll just be painkillers, gentle exercise and time, unfortunately.
    I've noticed, too, that weeds seem to grow much faster than the plants you want. I'm trying to embrace the weeds a bit more and parts of my garden are wild. Nothing to do with my laziness - honestly! ๐Ÿ˜‚ I'm in the process of moving my 3 plastic compost bins (I'm not greedy, it's just that I had 2 and then brought my parent's bin when they died). Trouble is, before I can move them to a more convenient place, I've got to clear the new space, empty the bins, riddle the usable compost out, before re-filling them. Everything takes at least 10 times longer than you hope it will. Oh well. It'll all get done - one day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to suggest what seems far out ...try drinking a whole lot more water for a week and see if that helps at all. With all of your guests I bet you haven't been getting the amount you actually need. Doesn't cost much and just might work. Good luck Miss done garden buying for this year :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find when my aches get to me, I need to keep moving, I tend to walk more, not huge distances, just around our local park a few times each day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm quite particular about how I hang out my washing too - I want to make the best of the sunshine. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, however please note that rude ones won't be published. Nor will anonymous ones now.