Followers

Tuesday 20 April 2021

As expected

 Clothes shopping with husband this morning was as I expected....nightmare.  He just doesn't want to look at anything, doesn't like anything, exclaims at the price.  I ended up picking out 3 or 4 items and saying "Right, you can have these!".  He did choose a pair of shorts by himself....well, I say by himself, I gave him a choice of 2 pairs, he picked one.  He did make an effort this morning before going out, and actually looked remarkably tidy, wearing a decent pair of shorts and one of the new tops he ordered online 3 or 4 weeks ago.  So that ordeal is over, for both of us, for a while!

Betty's got her usual ear infection back again, so it was back to the vet for her this afternoon.  The normal ear drops, and another trip next week for a check to ensure they've worked, they do work well, thankfully.  I thought she was probably getting the infection again, as she was shaking her head quite a bit at the weekend....the groomer confirmed yesterday that it looked like it was just starting in her left ear, so we caught it early, luckily we got a vet appointment quickly.  Poor thing, she has small ears with a lot of hair inside and a narrow ear canal, so not enough air flow to them - so the vet says.  Just one of those things.  She's having some poached fresh chicken for her tea tonight, as a treat - she hates going to the vets.

I must do a freezer inventory and tidy up tomorrow - I do try to keep things in their separate drawers - veg in one drawer, meat in another, and so on - but they end up getting mixed up (usually not by me!).  I also need to meal plan and do a shopping list, and have some banking to sort out as well.  Hopefully, husband will be outside and not under my feet.  

Looks like we've got warm sunny weather forecast right up until the middle of next week - what a treat.  Although the garden could do with some rain, we've not really had any for a while.  Might think about having a day out somewhere to take advantage of the weather, now that the kids have gone back to school and more people are back at work.


5 comments:

  1. I feel your pain with a husband who hates shopping. We went to M&S yesterday for hubby to get some jeans/trousers. He looked at a few, but because he couldn't try them on, wouldn't buy any. I tried to get him to buy a pair and said he could take them back if he didn't like them but - no. On the way home, he said "I should have bought some to try at home." Aaaaaargh! Poor Betty, at least you've caught it early and the drops should work quickly. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I havent been shopping for ages. I really need some bits and I'm trying to hold off until it calms down a little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just Passing..
    Poor Hubby..I realise at times like these..
    Why l never remarried..I was a single parent
    for 14yrs..Mum and Dad, my daughter is 44yrs
    old now, and still sends me a Mothers day card..! :).

    The only person l shop with is my daughter, l love
    to shop, l love to shop alone, HeHe! could'nt be
    doing with any female/woman/lady holding a gun to
    my head..! :O).

    Nice post..gave me a chuckle, l do love you ladies
    really..but..l'm my own man, a typical Virgo..! :).
    🍁 πŸ‚ πŸƒ 🍁 πŸ‚ πŸƒ 🍁 πŸ‚ πŸƒ 🍁 πŸ‚ πŸƒ 🍁 πŸ‚

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hubby is very much like that too! I can empathise.. I haven't been clothes shopping since lockdown began last year !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really thought someone's idea the other day about charity shops was gold. Sounds like it would be right up his alley.
    Make it a game....you both shop apart and see who comes up with the best outfits for him and he can do the same for you ...maybe a laugh would be had at least.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, however please note that rude ones won't be published. Nor will anonymous ones now.