Followers

Friday 16 April 2021

Some good things at last

 Thank you for all the good wishes and comments.  My consultant assured me there's no sign of cancer in my kidneys (a particular concern since both my mum and sister had kidney cancer), and no diabetic nerve damage in my bladder.  He's referring me on to another department for further treatment.  How long I'll have to wait for that remains to be seen, but I'm relieved by what he said.  Meanwhile, I have a GP appointment next week for a somewhat related problem, which I'm hoping is easily treatable.

Husband and I now have a new goal on the horizon, it's something that I can't talk about yet, but will hopefully give us a lot of pleasure in the future.  It's certainly picked me up, I'm doing things to prepare for it and making lots of lists.  Being able to cross a few things off the list makes me happy.

A bit of time spent with my best friend this week also gave me a huge boost and made me smile a lot.

So things are getting better, there are more positives and things to look forward to.  Husband has his 2nd jab in just over a week, and then there's our upcoming holiday.....which incidentally I must start thinking about.  I shall be cooking and freezing meals to take with us - I don't want to be cooking all the time whilst we're away, that's not much of a holiday for me.  Nor do we really want to eat out all the time - both because of the cost and from a Covid point of view.  I don't mind eating a bag of chips sitting by the sea, or a takeaway frothy coffee, but I'm not comfortable with the idea of sitting with lots of other people at a cafe or pub, even if it is outside.

Lovely sunny start with blue sky and some frost around, no rain forecast, it's going to be a nice day.  Washing to go out on the line again today, always a good thing.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely to hear you sounding so upbeat. Good news on the bladder front. That must be a weight off your mind. Time spent with friends is good too. It's been too long since we could have a proper chat and laugh. I'm putting bedding on the line today too. Looking forward to getting into a clean, fresh bed tonight! (Just wish I had a maid to strip and re-make the bed for me.) ๐Ÿ˜ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice that good things are coming your way and made sure the bad thoughts are away.
    Hazel c uk ๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm absolutely delighted that things are looking up for you. Planning and preparing for a holiday is such great fun, isn't it?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so pleased that you got some good news from your hospital appointment and I really, really pleased that you have something so good to look forward to. Lots to plan for and exciting times ahead. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's lovely to see you feeling more positive Sooze. Even though it's been cold I think the sunshine and spending time with your friends is a great mood lifter. Sometimes the planning for the holiday is every bit as much fun as the actual holiday. I bet you have a great time and return home ready to face the world again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so pleased you've had positive news from the doctors. Great idea to freeze meals to take on your holiday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, however please note that rude ones won't be published. Nor will anonymous ones now.