Followers

Friday 9 October 2020

Prioritising

I've come to the conclusion that I'll have to postpone my operation, there's just too many problems and other things to fit in and I simply can't do it all.  I'm disappointed about it, but have no choice really - husband has been waiting for his foot operation for well over a year and has already had to postpone it twice because of his prostate and UTI problems, so he needs to have this foot op now, so that takes priority.  I'll just have to cope with things for another few weeks.  I had an appointment come through yesterday for the 24 hour heart trace my GP said he wanted me to have as a precaution, after the virus and heart palpitations I had a few weeks ago.  Well, it's an inconvenient date (literally just after husband's op) so I've put that off till the middle of December.

On a positive note, I've lost another couple of pounds and now only have 3 1/2 pounds to go before I will then have lost 10% of my body weight, the target recommended by my consultant.  By the time I do get to have my op I should have lost even more than the 10%, so that should please him!

And the thing is, I haven't even been consciously trying to lose more weight (certainly not recently with everything else on my mind).  It's become so much a way of life now to eat very low carb and much smaller portions, I rarely even think about it anymore, I just do it.

Husband's got to go for an ECG today, he should have had it when he goes for his pre-op assessment next week but they couldn't coordinate a time near his assessment time 😒.  He then has to go and see his consultant a couple of days after the pre-op.  It's a pity the hospital couldn't have arranged for all 3 things to happen on the same day - all 3 appointments arrived in the same envelope!  The hospital is an hour's drive away and he's got to go there 3x in the space of a week, that's one of the downsides of living in a rural area.

4 comments:

  1. It's a disappointment to have to postpone your op, but if it eases your mental strain, it's for the best. I get very stressed when there are several things going on at once, so I know how you feel. Well done on the weight loss, I bet that's given you a boost. It's a shame hubby's appointments couldn't all be on the same day. But - c'est la vie! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very disappointing but you know what's best for you better than anyone.
    As you know, I've been trying to organise my days so that there's not more than three scheduled things (not counting this week, mind you) per day so I completely understand. There's a lot on right now that you can't control and simplifying what you can as much as possible has to be good.
    And woo hoo for the weight loss. How fantastic is that!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a shame about postponing your needs but you are right to do what is right for all your circumstances. Wonderful achievement on your weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done with the weight loss. I know how difficult that can be. Hope everything else goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, however please note that rude ones won't be published. Nor will anonymous ones now.