Followers

Wednesday 26 May 2021

Disappointment (and secret relief)

 Firstly, thank you so much for the comments on my previous post concerning the caravan - I'm relieved that the site owner seems to have come round.  Can't wait to go and actually inspect both caravans.  HH - so glad you've had a few days (finally!) with your family, how lovely.  And Scarlet, nice to see you again, hope you're all keeping well.  Thanks everyone also for the kind comments on my drawings.

Yesterday we were supposed to go and meet up with our lovely friends from Kent, who are down here on holiday, for a pub lunch.  However, Monday night I came down with some sort of diarrhoea and sickness bug, was up most of the night....well, I'll spare you the details.  Suffice it to say there was no way we could go, so had to postpone it, we're now planning on meeting up with them tomorrow.  I also had to cancel my dentist appointment for this morning - I'm actually feeling more or less alright now, but not really wise to go so soon after a bug (and I don't really feel up to it....plus there's quite a big element of not actually wanting to go anyway!  Hence the secret relief).  It's postponed for a couple of weeks.

By early afternoon yesterday, I was feeling like I could eat something, so husband did me a bowl of tomato soup and a slice of spelt bread.  I enjoyed it, but within half an hour had griping gut pains again, so maybe it was too early to eat.  Come the evening, I had an omelette and felt ok afterwards, so whatever the bug was, it was only a shortlived thing.  I do feel much better now, having slept well.... although up early.

Yesterday afternoon I did a couple more drawings:-



I'm planning on doing some more pencil drawings like the dandelion one, probably of more flowers and trees, but colouring in one element of each - so they're monochrome drawings but with a splash of a single colour in them.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, Sooze, what a disappointment for you (not seeing your friends, I mean). I'm sorry you've been unwell and relieved that you are on the up again. I agree that cancelling the appointment was wise (seriously); it's a very stressful experience and you want to be 100%.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear that you had a poorly bug. Hopefully you are right as rain today. That dandelion is stunning. I might have to get my pencils out again and have a go at drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not nice on several counts - illness, missing friends, and in a strange way, not getting the dentist out of the way! I hope you're able to meet up with your friends tomorrow. That will do you more good than anything. I love the drawings. The monochrome/colour idea is a good one. Looking forward to seeing where that takes you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your drawings, you have such a talent there.

    Hope you are feeling much better now and get to meet up

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you have not been well these things come on quickly.
    Your drawings are very good and it's nice that you can settle to something different keeps your mind active.
    Hazel c uk 🌈🌈

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad the site owner has come round too. Some people try it on dont they! Hope you're back to full strength soon. I know it must have been disappointing for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that idea about the drawings. Makes them yours.
    I seemed to get the same sort of thing happen to me when I was so nervous about upcoming things. A proper clean out. :(
    Hope you are up to going to all these meet ups later then.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A single colour in each drawing sounds like a lovely idea :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, however please note that rude ones won't be published. Nor will anonymous ones now.