Have you noticed how much we're being bombarded on the TV with charity adverts begging for money this year? It seems like there are so many more than in previous years, I guess every charity is feeling the pinch as presumably their costs are higher at the same time as people are giving less, as finances are tighter for everyone. Every one of these ads is designed to pull at our heart strings - I know all these bad things happen, but I'm not being guilt-tripped into giving to all - we have a couple of charities close to our family's hearts which we donate to, we regularly donate things to charity shops and buy good quality second hand things from them too. That's all we can do, and will continue to do. I am grateful for our lovely warm home and everything we have.
I'm also grateful for your comments, including from those of you who haven't commented before, thank you.
Here's a little snippet of things I have to deal with on a daily basis. I've said before how husband doesn't listen to me, and actively disregards any suggestions I may make when he's sounding off about one of his latest madcap ideas. I suggest things because they might be a better, safer, more logical or cheaper way of doing whatever it is he's planning now, not because I want to stop him from doing things - he is just as entitled to have ideas as I am. Over the past few weeks, as well as dismissing what I have to say, he's now taken to rolling his eyes and heaving a big sigh practically every time I say something. Which is quite irritating, but I just let it go - there's no point in making a big issue over what is essentially a minor thing, even though it's disrespectful and sometimes downright rude. I'm not a doormat though, if he's really out of order I do let him know about it.
He's now come up with 2 suggestions (for that read crazy ideas, his latest fixations) for things to do with our finances.....just when I'd spent a few days sorting them out - and involving him too, I don't just make financial decisions without his input, if only in a limited way. One of his ideas is possibly workable, to a degree, although it would involve some complicated setting up by me....the other has no merit and makes no sense whatsoever. He can't see that though, despite my explaining why. I've just told him I'll give it some thought, but I know he'll be going on and on about it for the next however many days or weeks it'll be until he forgets about it and is taken over by the next fixation.
And these sorts of things - the eye rolling and the crazy ideas - happen on a daily basis. He drops things every day. He walks into me, nearly knocking me over, or treads on Betty's paws or tail. He spills his drinks or knocks things over. Treads mud indoors as he forgets to wipe his feet. Puts things down and loses them (his glasses, wallet, phone, keys, important letters) every day. Oh and it's always my fault - I've obviously moved them somewhere! I have to have the patience of a saint - and I'm no saint. I could - and do - cry sometimes when I remember the lovely, kind, funny, hard working and caring man he was, and our happy, fun-filled, busy, friend and family filled life from years ago. But it is what it is, it's nobody's fault.
It rained relentlessly all day long on Friday, roads were flooded nearby - fortunately, the flooding generally disappears quite quickly and only affects the roads, not any of our houses. Betty would only run into the garden for a quick wee and then run straight back in again, she really doesn't like bad weather nowadays (can't say I blame her, nor do I). Yesterday was drizzly and dismal all day, washing had to be dried indoors. It's supposed to improve today and a whole day of sunshine forecast for tomorrow, which will be lovely, although the temperature is dropping rapidly. I want to get the rest of my Spring bulbs planted today or tomorrow, and have 2 more loads of washing to get done, hopefully I can get it dried outside, especially the dog blankets and towels.
I was woken up at 05.20 by husband hitting the wall with his elbow, no chance of me getting back to sleep then, although he did.
I wish I had a magic wand, Sooze. It would get plenty of use ! But, we all just have to deal with what life throws at us, don't we?
ReplyDeleteYou've reminded me I still have some bulbs to plant. They've been sat in a bucket in my shed for ages. I hope they grow! Talking of plants, my poppies are just about finished now, the wind and heavy rain hasn't done them any favours! They've been lovely to see from my kitchen window. So thank you again for the seeds. I hope they self seed for next year. xx
I'm sure the poppies will self seed - you'll be inundated with them and cursing me next year! 😂 xx
DeleteNever! I love poppies and if my whole garden was a poppy field, how lovely would that be? xx
DeleteWe have had frost overnight and I don’t think I will be in the garden today. I’ve not been sleeping well this last week and feel like a wrung out dishcloth. Sun is shining now so upwards and onwards. Catriona
ReplyDeleteSooze love I often think that I could have written your post. You really aren't alone as there are so many of us going through a similar thing. We understand exactly your frustration. It baffles me why anyone would think it OK to walk across my carpets with muddy shoes on. It's the smallest courtesy to slip them off when entering someone's house.
ReplyDeleteIt's clearer and brighter here too. I wouldn't be surprise if we had a bit of sun - that would be lovely!
ReplyDelete( and hugs)
xx
Sooze, please try and ignore the negative comments. We all have to live with the hand we are dealt and some how march through everything good and bad. Just wish I could give you the occasional hug and trip out. Cary
ReplyDeletePlease never feel that you are alone - there's a legion of us who know how hard it is for you, and fully sympathise. Someone once explained to me that the reason we feel so sad is that we've suffered a bereavement. The person we knew so well has gone, and has been replaced by a different personality that can be very difficult to cope with. The bereavement is brought to mind again every time we remember how things used to be.
ReplyDeleteI can only imagine how hard the days are for you. I think you weather/handle them in the best way possible. I do hope you start feeling much better as that sometimes helps when one feels down.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.