We had bright sunshine all day yesterday, which was lovely, although it was still cold. I'd put washing out on the line first thing in the morning....when I got it in though about 3.30, it was still nearly as wet as when I'd put it out, the sun doesn't really get into our back garden this time of year and there was next to no wind to move the washing around either.
We decided to drive into town and go for a walk by the harbour - well, I decided, husband would have been happy to doze in his armchair in front of the endless same old boring daytime crap on the TV. But I feel it's important to get out and about while we can, both for exercise and mental health reasons. I think we also need to make the most of the sunshine during the winter, rather than just being stuck indoors all the time. It was nice to be out and about, but was very cold - like our back garden, the sun wasn't over the harbour so was blimmin freezing in the shade. The harbour cafe wasn't open either, which was annoying (it's on winter opening hours, so just weekends basically) - we'd have had a cup of hot chocolate if it had been. Never mind, we had one when we got home. I took a few photos:-
The steep hillside garden of one of the cottages facing the harbour - very steep climb up loads of steps to the sitting area at the top, but worth it I should think for the wonderful views they must get over the harbour from up there.
Lovely view across the Bristol channel, such a bright day that the coastline of south Wales was clearly visible.
I've got some stuff to do on the computer this morning, then this afternoon a mobile hairdresser is coming to cut my hair. First time of having her, I asked on the local FB page for recommendations and her name was mentioned several times. If I like her and the cut, then I'll be having her regularly from now on.
Over the past week or so, I've been having a problem with my blog roll - some posts from blogs I regularly read aren't appearing on my daily new post roll for several hours, or even until the next day - and that includes my own new posts. If I look up the blogs individually from my blog roll their new posts are there, but not shown on the daily blog roll for some unknown reason. Anybody else found this, or is it just me?
Because husband has no hobbies and the jobs he does are mainly outside/garden ones, during the winter he rarely does anything or goes out, except for his gym hour 3x weekly - and even then he doesn't always go if the weather's bad or he's 'got a bone in his leg' as my Mum used to say when us kids didn't want to do something! So, unless I prompt him to do something or get us to go out somewhere, during winter if left to his own devices he would simply vegetate his life away, doing nothing at all. He would literally doze in his armchair in front of the telly all day long, every day. Not good for him at all, and it irritates me when I'm busy (I can always find something to do) and the blasted TV is blaring away to itself whilst he's asleep. He grumbles when I insist on us going out and doing something, but I just remind him that I'm looking after both his health and mine, we need to keep active or we'll become immobile. It is a bit of an uphill struggle though to keep him motivated.


Oh, Sooze, that did make me laugh! A bone in his leg was one of my Dad's sayings, and it took me right back! That , and "Cough it up, it might be a gold watch or a grand piano!"
ReplyDeleteIt's been very cold here, too, but nice and bright and sunny. Like you, our back garden is in the shade most of the winter, so no point putting washing out. Oh, how I long for that first line-drying day! xx
My nanna used to say that too!
ReplyDeleteI found the same with my washing today. I suppose it had dried a bit but was still far too damp to think or ironing or folding and putting away. Out came the drying rack! xx
Never heard that saying before. It made me giggle.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.