Followers

Monday, 29 April 2019

So not man flu then....

Husband's 'man flu' has turned out to be something more than that.   Although he didn't feel ill, apart from feeling chilly and feverish on and off, had no pain and didn't look yellow, he started getting other symptoms over the weekend.  He kept needing to go for a wee urgently and his pee started to look discoloured - brown and muddy looking at first, then by yesterday it was obvious there was blood in it.  I was debating ringing 111 (for overseas readers, that's our National Health Service advice line), but knew they'd probably say he should go to A&E....husband insisted he didn't want to go to hospital and could wait for the GP.  

We got an emergency appointment for him this morning and took along a urine sample, which the GP tested there and then and confirmed there was blood in it, as well as white blood cells, indicating an infection of some kind.  After asking husband lots of questions (good job I was there too as a) he couldn't answer some of them whereas I could, and b) I found out a few things he hadn't told me before, like the fact that he was getting pain/stinging sensation when peeing), the GP said it did sound like a urine, or possibly kidney infection.  She's sending the sample off to the lab for further testing and has given husband antibiotics in the meantime, and said to ring her straight away if any other symptoms develop before the lab test results come back.  Husband has to take in another urine sample in a few days, to check whether the antibiotics are stopping the blood.  

He actually feels fine today, not so shivery and his wee doesn't have as much blood in it as yesterday.

Did Storm Hannah affect you much?  We had very strong winds but hardly any rain to speak of, just the odd short sharp shower.  This morning the wind has vanished, more or less, it's dull and very overcast and has rained a bit overnight.  The sun is trying to come out though, so it might get better.

I'm trying to build up the motivation to do a big spring clean and declutter over the entire house, it's long overdue.  And it might take my mind off my increasingly sore hip and back....although right now that's one of the things stopping me from getting on and doing it.  Vicious circle!

6 comments:

  1. Poor Him Out - thank goodness he finally went to the GP. I'm glad he feels a bit better this morning.
    As for you - please be kind to yourself. Much love
    J xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your husband is OK soon and things settle down when the anti-biotics start to work. It seems like one thing after another for you. I know what you mean about the vicious circle - if you do anything don't do too much - I need to take my own advice as I am just about to go out into the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Men eh, what are they like. Same here regarding not much rain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your hubby is ok Sue... We had a bit of rain but nothing to write home about.. I managed a mini spring clean in my kitchen this morning. Unfortunately it needs a major spring clean and that is just not going to happen in the foreseeable future

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the anti-bios work very fast for him, poor thing.

    I also hope that you are feeling more cheery now.

    Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete

If yours is an Anonymous account, please give a name. Comments without a name will not be published. Thank you.