Followers

Wednesday 26 February 2020

Wind

Thank you all for comments, I do feel less stressed, which is obviously being reflected in my BP readings.  I've slept a little better the last couple of nights too....well, better for me.  I'd still love a couple of nights where I slept for a whole 8 hours without waking up once....

As I type this the wind is howling outside....again, seems to be a permanent fixture, according to the local forecast we've got it until next week at least.  Last night it was lashing down with sleet which was being hurled at the windows by the howling galeforce wind.  There doesn't seem to be any trace of the sleet this morning though, well as far as I can see in the dark.  It's blooming cold though.  Aren't we all just totally fed up with the weather?  I know we've got off extremely lightly here, no flooding to speak of (well, not like they have in Glos, Shropshire, Yorkshire, etc), just our normal large puddle filled muddy lanes and the fields more water than soil, and the odd few power cuts which only last for seconds.  But it feels like it's been a very long winter and spring is a long time coming, despite the spring flowers out everywhere and blossom appearing on the trees.

I want to get on with the front garden, it badly needs tidying up, dead stuff removed, pruning done, some seeds sown and dahlias, gladioli and foxgloves planted.  I'm very much a fair weather gardener though, there's no way I'm getting out there to do that until the wind drops and it's quite a bit warmer.  And not raining, of course.

I do feel for people who have to work outside....it's their choice, of course, and I suppose they're used to it and can cope if they're wearing appropriate clothing.  But it can't be very nice, I wouldn't want to do it.

I'd rather stay indoors in the warm today, but we have to go to town to pick up a few things, and then supermarket shopping.  Husband had the car fixed yesterday, the brake caliper had seized and the wheel was smoking and smelt disgusting.  The garage said they've done it, but it's only a temporary fix apparently, something else needs doing with the brakes (I know not what, it's all in one ear and out the other with me when it comes to car stuff).  They advised short local journeys only until it (whatever 'it' is) gets seen to.  Bloody cars, they're a necessary evil (we couldn't live without one here where we live) but total money pits.

5 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling less stressed. The weather has been atrocious. There just seems to be no end to the rain. My heart goes out to those affected by the floods. I can't begin to imagine it. I, too am a fair weather gardener. I keep thinking I'll get out and do a bit, until I feel how cold it is. One day soon, hopefully. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news about the reduction in stress and I'm glad the sleeping is better too.
    I'm a fair weather gardener too - I see no point getting cold and wet as well as muddy! I'd never make a farmer.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fair weather gardener here Sooze. So much needs doing outside. If it was dry but cold I wouldn't mind but this filthy weather puts me right off.
    Our car passed it's MOT last week....thank goodness and it was serviced yesterday so it should be good for a while. Hope you get yours fixed soon.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am a fair weather gardener I am hoping that the weather will pick up soon and we can get back to some normality.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO pleased about your BP and stress levels! As for the car - get a tandem with a trailer...

    Hugs my lovely girl, XOXO.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, however please note that rude ones won't be published. Nor will anonymous ones now.