Followers

Thursday 9 December 2021

The poor NHS, and a Very Good Thing

 Yesterday morning I needed to go to town to a couple of shops very close to each other - the pet shop and shoe shop.  As they are both also very near Sainsbury's, we decided to go in there too, to get some more of the green veg that husband didn't get enough of the other day, and also so I could point out to him a few of the pack sizes/brands I normally get, which he got wrong when he did the shopping (because I didn't actually specify ALL the details on his written list!).  So next time he'll know....unless he forgets by then! ๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜‚

Whilst in there, I noticed some sourdough loaves that I normally have, had been reduced to 49p - they're usually £2.50 for a small loaf.  They're sliced seeded wholemeal and, unusually for a prepacked sliced loaf, really tasty, with a good sourdough flavour.  So I got three to put in the freezer - I'm not actually eating bread at the moment, as we're very low carbing until Christmas, but now I have enough of this bread in the freezer to last me for a few weeks after Christmas, and I've saved £6.00.  One of these small loaves lasts me more than a week, I take a couple of slices out of the freezer as and when I want them.

Yesterday, husband had a phone call from the hospital again, giving him a phone consultation appointment with his prostate surgeon for next Friday - I pointed out he's already got a phone appointment with him booked for next Monday.  The lady apologised.....seems they'd got their wires crossed somewhere, his Monday appointment still stands.  All well and good.  But then this morning he got a letter from the hospital stating he's got a (face to face) outpatients appointment at the hospital for Monday!  He rang to find out what's going on.....more wires crossed, it's still a phone appointment, he doesn't have to go to the hospital.  Just as well he rang to confirm it, as the hospital is over an hour's drive each way.  I think the poor NHS is on its knees at the moment, bless them.

Having now finished designing, drawing and putting embellishments on all my Christmas cards, I now have to write in them all and post/distribute them.  Trouble is, I can't get up the enthusiasm for it - oh dear! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚

I keep looking at my little 4ft Christmas tree - I do quite like it, but I don't love it, it can stay as it is for this year now though.  Next year I will almost certainly get a bigger one, 5ft I think - it will still have to stand on a table to keep it out of Betty's reach, she's already showing signs of interest in this one - I know when she's been nudging it with her nose as the gonk tree dec I have on one of the lower branches is sometimes facing the wrong way!  I'll have different lights next year - I have multicolour lights on this one but think I'd prefer single colour lights.  I also think I want bigger baubles, and lots of them, in one colour.  And I'll definitely have a different tree topper - I have a big silver glittery star on this one, it's ok....but just that, ok, not 'oooohhh lovely'!!  I don't know what I want to top next year's tree, I'll know it when I see it I think.  I definitely don't want a fairy though ๐Ÿ˜

Oh, and the Very Good Thing....I noticed this morning when I was drying my feet after my shower that the numbness in my big toe has completely gone, it's back to normal, after about 4 months of not feeling anything in it at all.  So I'm guessing that means the osteopathy (Felicity and her magic fingers) has succeeded in getting the prolapsed disc back in place.  I continue to be almost pain-free for most of the time, with just the odd twinge here and there, and some lingering stiffness when I first get out of bed or up out of a chair.  Worth every penny.

5 comments:

  1. It's a good thing you checked about hubby's appointment, before he drove all that way! I have a fairy (or it could be an angel) on my Christmas tree. My late MIL bought it for us when our daughter was little, and she loves it and expects it to be there. What can you do? Maybe you could find a crochet pattern for a tree topper on t'Web? That's great news about the numbness in your big toe, and being almost completely pain free. I bet you're so glad you found Felicity. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very good idea on checking appointments.... I need to do so more often.

    I have a small 4 ft tree in my living room and I am hoping that our Grandcat does not destroy it.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly my best friend died during heart surgery in October due to her operation being postponed long past when she should have had it...the government is doing all it can to destroy the NHS....

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many crossed wires in all departments of the NHS at the moment. At least we now have our Covid booster jabs lined up for next week. Nice to know you can feel your big toe again, it sounds like a small thing (indeed your big toe is a small thing!!) but it's really worrying isn't it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, however please note that rude ones won't be published. Nor will anonymous ones now.