Thank you for the comments, I'm so pleased I've got the transport issues sorted, such a relief. Husband seems to have fully accepted that he'll be giving up driving in July (when his car insurance period ends) - however, in view of the way he changes his mind about everything all the time, I wouldn't be surprised if he objects nearer the time. If necessary (in the event of him refusing to listen to me, e.g.), I'll ask the GP for help in persuading him.
Husband is also now beginning to show an interest in veg growing for this year, he's busy looking up online where to buy banana shallots. Every search he makes starts with ebay ๐ - his favourite site. When we go to Aldi later in the week, we'll drop in to the garden centre on the way, it's bigger and better stocked than our little garden centre in Minehead. I'm sure we'll be able to get shallot sets in there, as well as potatoes for chitting. I'll have a look at their veg seeds too.
When I bought my new mattress (which is so comfortable) and new bedding a few weeks back, I also bought a pair of pillows - one for husband, the other to replace one of mine. I've always had 2 pillows, a medium memory foam middle one on top (I've had the present one a year or 2 and it's lovely and comfy), with a thinner firmer one on the bottom, that one I've had several years and had seen better days. Well, the new bottom pillow is awful, supposed to be medium firmness but in reality it's like soft cotton wool, no support at all and the filling quickly ends up bunched up by the headboard. I noticed that our local Lidl have bedding in their middle aisles from today, so went to have a look this morning and bought a lovely pillow, which I think will be just right, from the selection of half a dozen that they had. The test will come tonight, of course. Husband also has 2 pillows, from a choice of 6 or 7 in his room - he complains about all of these pillows and regularly rotates them. He's really hard on pillows, he thumps and shakes them about before he gets into bed and several times during the night (one of the reasons why we sleep in separate rooms), he reckons he can never get comfortable. I'm not surprised his pillows are uncomfortable, he thumps them so much they're all misshapen and lumpy.
This morning it's been lovely and sunny, still cold but it's so nice to see the sun....showers are forecast for this afternoon and the sky is already clouding over. The forecasters have apparently said there'll be further rain for the next 14 days.....how comforting! ๐๐ (not). On the bright side, I've got hyacinths blooming in a pot in the front garden, some narcissi in bud that look ready to open in the next few days, and pale yellow primroses in the rockery outside the kitchen window, so signs of Spring are appearing at last.
Husband's having lamb stew out of the freezer for dinner today, I'm having the normal roast dinner veg, with some stuffing.
Getting the right pillow isn't easy, is it? We once bought a couple of "firm" pillows, which were so firm, it was like sleeping (or not) on a pile of bricks! Needless to say, they didn't stay around for long!
ReplyDeleteIt's been a lovely day here, today. A bit of very fine drizzle this morning, but other than that, sunny and not too cold. We're getting there! xx
We really have problems with getting the right pillows. I bought two last week and Harvey really likes his. That makes me a bit leery that it is a bit too firm for me. It is sitting on the cedar chest right now and I eye it every night.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.