Followers

Sunday 22 September 2019

A lazy day

Thank you for comments, I've done the email to PALS.  Whether it will do any good remains to be seen.

We had a good time last night, the food went down well.  I made honey bbq chicken, mini toads in the hole, pizza and spicy potato wedges, with fruit scones with homemade jam and clotted cream to follow.  I ate mostly chicken, with 1 mini toad and 1 slice of pizza, but it's still given me stomach trouble (everything is right now), this morning I feel very unwell, gut ache and feeling sick, headachey and very sore joints.  I do feel stressed up to the eyeballs at the moment, so am sure it's partly that, but not all down to stress, nor to what I ate.  Well, hopefully my GP appointment tomorrow will shed some light on why I've been feeling so unwell for the last couple of months.

I'm not planning on doing anything today.  There's enough of the food leftover from yesterday to have for lunch, although I won't be eating much (if any) of it.  Husband will do a roast for dinner later on.

I was planning on reading, have just been given a couple of books, one of which is supposed to be really good for a first novel (Something in the Water, by Catherine Steadman, a Richard & Judy book club recommendation).  However, the print in both of them is so tiny I'm struggling to read, even with my glasses on.  Must be getting old!  Can't remember when I'm due for an eye test, must look it up.  I might just watch a few things we've recorded instead....if husband gets fed up with the rugby!

4 comments:

  1. When DB's operation was cancelled as we were about to leave for the hospital, a letter of complaint to PAL's AND a letter to our MP AND a letter to the Chief Exec of the hospital worked wonders. A bed for 2 weeks later was found in the private wing of our local hospital. He had arranged cover for work (he is a lecturer) and had another 2 weeks of feeling terrible so the delay was a huge blow but as he ended up needing to stay in hospital longer than originally expected having his own ensuite room really helped. I hope you get the same result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your complaint to PALS does the trick. At the very least, it's allowed you to vent your anger! Sorry to hear you're still not feeling great. Let's hope the GP can come up with some answers for you. Might be time to get new glasses, too. Oh, the joys of getting older. I'm now onto bi-focals, getting checked out for glaucoma (thanks Mum), and got hearing aids about a month ago. Must say, although I'm having problems getting one of them in the right place, it's amazing how much I can hear now. You don't notice the gradual change in your sight or hearing. Enjoy the books, it looks like it's a day for snuggling up at home, not doing much. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers are crossed that there are positive results from your complaint. Something needs to change, that's for sure.
    And also, fingers are crossed for your own appointment tomorrow. Maybe you could take some copies of your blog entries to make it very clear how difficult things are for you at the moment.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you get some answers concerning your health.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, however please note that rude ones won't be published. Nor will anonymous ones now.