I've realised that my sinus problems and subsequent headache aren't just down to blocked sinuses at the moment, but also to hayfever. It's always been early Spring that my hayfever kicks in, caused by birch and hazel pollen (I had tests to identify the triggers years ago). Luckily, I have antihistamine spray and tablets, I've used the spray the last couple of days and it's already helping to unblock my sinuses and alleviate my stuffy head.
I didn't sleep well at all last night, probably due to things on my mind. I've been asked to write a letter for someone, a sort of character reference, and that was going through my head last night. I've just sat and done it though, so at least it's out of my head now.
We had a beautiful sunny and warm day yesterday, with virtually no wind, very Spring-like indeed. We went to Watchet (a small but pretty harbour town for those not familiar with it) yesterday - actually it's where the bronze statue of Captain Jack that Betty likes so much is. We walked along the west pier and stood at the end leaning against the railings for ages, looking out to sea (the tide was out), it was absolutely gorgeous.
Today the weather is much the same, following a hard frost last night it's now bright sunshine, blue sky and warm, and is forecast to be the same for several days. Spring at last!! We're out in the garden today, putting that green plastic edging around all the gravel beds to stop the problem of gravel falling all over the paths. Some national darts championship is on at Butlins this weekend, so we won't be going anywhere near Minehead, it'll be heaving I expect. Fortunately, we're far enough away from there not to be bothered by it.


Yes, we also had a lovely sunny day here in Cornwall, with a forecast of several more days the same. Wonderful!
ReplyDeleteI trust that Betty was able to renew her friendship with Captain Jack and repeat her request for a pat on the head? Bless!
Are you not tempted to dress up and join the crowds at Butlins? They are on TV and look like they're having a lot of fun!!
ReplyDeleteGlad your head is feeling better, and you've remembered the cause and the cure! Frosty start here for the past couple of days, with some mist first thing, but it promises to warm up a little over the next week. I noticed that some of the tulips I planted in my lawn have buds. I'm so pleased as I ignored the planting depth and just bunged them in the ground! xx
ReplyDeleteLove the photos! I'm glad you're enjoying warmer weather... but the hay fever can really get you down so take care of yourself!
ReplyDeletehugs
Donna
Wall to wall sunshine here, days in the garden, we never go out at weekends, just too many people for us.
ReplyDeleteI have to take an antihistamine all year round, my husband has dreadful sinusitis at the moment and in a lot of pain, so Dr app. tomorrow we hope.
ReplyDeleteI am glad that your antihistamines are working. We are dropping back down to winter conditions here over the next little while. March is not coming in quite like the lamb that was first predicted.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.