The car is costing a bit more than we were expecting to repair, but the garage can do it tomorrow morning. Having shuffled our finances around a bit, I've worked out that we can afford the holiday - although we won't have a lot of spending money.....not that that matters, it's being away that counts. So I've now booked and paid for it. At least I've already cooked and frozen most of the food to take with us.
We're going to a small and quiet (no clubhouse or swimming pool) holiday park near Barnstaple. Originally, we were going to have a static caravan but, seeing as this will probably be one of the last (if not the last) holiday we'll have before getting rid of the car next year, I decided to upgrade to a luxury lodge. Yes more expensive, but from the photos it looks gorgeous, very spacious and well equipped, with dishwasher and coffee machine, basic kitchen supplies (oil, seasonings, coffee pods, washing up liquid and dishwasher tablets etc), toiletries in both bathrooms, and even towels, bathrobes and slippers....all things I don't have to pack and take with us. Plus a 49" tv in the lounge and one in the master bedroom, so that'll keep husband happy.
I really need this break - well, we both do.
Husband has now said that he thought there might be a problem with the coil spring on one side - not that he said anything to me, and having previously told me just a couple of days ago that there was nothing wrong with the car and he didn't have any concerns about it. Which has p****d me off a bit, but no point in saying anything to him, what's done is done. Just another example of him not telling me things. But if he'd told me of his concerns, at least I'd have been forewarned. Actually, if he'd told me some weeks ago when he first had the thought, I'd have suggested he take the car to get checked out and fixed if necessary, before it failed the MOT!! Honestly, it's no wonder I'm permanently stressed.
So, so pleased for you Sooze… enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!,🤣
ReplyDeleteThanks June, it's not come without a lot of sweat, tears, a thumping headache and extra dose of anti-anxiety meds - as I'm sure you can imagine!
DeleteAnd breathe...
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're still able to go away. Would have been better without the stress and expense of the car, but hey, ho!
Enjoy the rest (?) or at least the change of scenery. I've now got fingers crossed that the weather plays nicely for you, too. xx
It will be a rest, K, as I'll have no housework, cooking, washing or appointment stuff to deal with! I'm intending to do pretty much nothing! xx
DeleteThat sounds like a good plan! xx
DeleteThank goodness you can manage to squeak the holiday through within the budget 🙏🏻 It sounds like a really lovely place, and as you say the main thing is some time away and a bit of relaxation. Just the job!
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a wonderful vacation! Take care of yourselves.
ReplyDeleteBun
Barnstaple is lovely! Our first son was born at the North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple & I used to work there. It's central for other places too.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that you get to have this break.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.