Followers

Friday, 19 September 2025

Well that's a (potential) worry

 Having said in the earlier post that I'm not worrying about anything other than the usual worries, the postman has been and delivered a letter recalling me for further tests following my mammogram.  The tests will be at the breast care centre in the big general hospital, and the appointment given was for next Thursday, whilst we're away.  Well, I'm not coming back from our first holiday in years (other than our old caravan) just for some more tests, so I've changed the appointment to the Monday after we come back.  I know it may well turn out to be nothing anyway, the letter says that 4 in 100 women are recalled, and out of those most won't have cancer.  If it is cancer, well a few extra days before more tests isn't going to make that much difference.

I'm not going to spoil my holiday by spending the week worrying about it......(she says optimistically 😂).  What will be, will be.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, no! I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, but, you're like me. We can always find something to worry about! I do know that sometimes the image isn't as clear as they'd like, so women get recalled, or there's a small, benign cyst, which can be drained if necessary. Try to forget about it as much as possible, and enjoy your break. Hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just what you didn't need - don't let it spoil your holiday, with all the stress you are under at the moment it will do you good to get away. Thinking of you.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leave the worry at home and enjoy your holiday. What will be will be, no matter what you let race through your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been recalled in the past, and it was due to them not getting a clear enough picture, so try not to worry and enjoy your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you can put it to the back of your mind for a while, and have a nice relaxing holiday, that would be marvellous. There's always something for us to worry about, isn't there! As you say, statistically it's very unlikely to be anything serious and a few days' delay will be neither here nor there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Been recalled and it turned out to be calcified cysts. Which led to two years of follow up ultra sounds with no changes to anything. Not something I want to experience again. So to the dismay of many I refuse to go for mammograms. They hurt due to the cysts, the system won't do the less painful ultrasound without a mammogram first. There is no history of breast cancer in any of my blood relatives. The odds are in my favour statistically. I've been told my chances of stomach or esophageal cancer are higher than getting breast cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never been recalled after a mammogram, but my sister has been numerous times. I am glad that you got to change the appointment time and can still enjoy your holiday.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

If yours is an Anonymous account, please give a name. Comments without a name will not be published. Thank you.