Betty's fine this morning, she's had some breakfast, she slept very well last night. I'm glad she's ok today because husband has come down with something, he was unwell during the night with several trips to the loo, I wouldn't have wanted to be running around after both of them. He didn't get up until 9 this morning (he normally gets up around 7), sat watching TV and has just gone to get washed and dressed. He says he feels mostly ok now, although is tired and will probably have a nap or 2 during the day (he does that every day anyway!). Good job I feel ok.
My fasting day went well yesterday, I stuck to my plan and kept occupied so I didn't listen to the 'food noise'.....funny modern expression. I intend to have another couple of 1 day fasts next week, it seems to be a good and easy way of dropping some calories without doing a full-on diet. Basically, I had a small banana for breakfast, some cottage cheese with cucumber slices followed by a peach for lunch, and half a can of baked beans with a little sprinkle of Parmesan, then an apple for dinner. I enjoyed it all and didn't feel hungry.
Mr X next door is out in his garden with a new builder, talking about his barn, so possibly work may be starting again sooner or later.
I see there's still stories in the media about the Government telling us all to stock up our food cupboards - I haven't read the articles, it seems like a good way of starting up panic buying though. Which I won't be doing. I will add a couple of extra cans, dry goods or bottles of water to our normal shopping, to build up a stock, I won't be grabbing a trolleyful of toilet rolls! I'm sure it's just an excuse for shops to put all their prices up even more.
I don't know what happened, Sooze. I posted a comment yesterday and whether it's floating around in the ether or I forgot to click publish (highly likely!) it hasn't appeared.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, what I said was I hope everyone is feeling better now. I'm glad you're finding the intermittent fasting working for you. I think knowing it's only for one day helps!
Let's hope Mr X gets any building work done over the winter, so you don't have to put up with the noise and dust when you want to be in the garden.
I don't think I'll be stockpiling anything. We might buy a few extra tins and maybe some bottled water, but I don't intend to join the feeding frenzy! xx
It wasn't you K, apparently it was a Blogger glitch (yet another one!), lots of bloggers reported problems with getting comments published. xx
Delete