Betty's having a sicky day again, she's been sick 2 or 3 times this morning, poor thing. She doesn't seem particularly unwell this time though, she's definitely not lively but isn't moping around as much....she's quite clingy right now though, seems to want to be with me all the time. She's currently sleeping peacefully on my bed, I'll be withholding food until this evening, or even tomorrow, depending on how she is later on. We were supposed to be going out for lunch today but have postponed it, I'm not leaving her home alone. It doesn't matter at all, we can go anytime. I've decided I'm going to make all of her food from now on - she normally has 3 or 4 days of homemade food per week, interspersed with good quality commercial food. She loves chicken, turkey and beef mince, so she'll have those mixed with some veg (carrot, broccoli, butternut squash or sweet potato), plus a beaten egg and a couple of crushed weetabix, I make about 4 or 5 days worth at a time. Once a week I give her a little tin of sardines in oil, mixed with a handful of kibble. She also has some scrambled egg for breakfast when we have it at weekends. I'm not giving her liver anymore, although she loves it I think it may be too rich for her delicate stomach now - she had liver last night so possibly why she was sick this morning.
Husband likes to tell people that Betty gets better food than he does, which of course isn't true - they're both fed well! She's a much loved family member, so she's going to get a good, nutritious and tasty dinner, just as he does.
Funny old weather at the moment......intermittent sunshine and clouds, the odd spot of rain, occasional gusty winds, and last night it was so warm and muggy I had to throw the (lightweight) quilt off again.
I've decided I'm going to do a couple of fasting days per week before our holiday, just to get a few pounds off. By fasting I mean a much reduced day of low calorie food, not complete starvation. E.g. today I've had a small banana for breakfast, for lunch it'll be half a pot of cottage cheese with some cucumber and radishes and an apple. Dinner tonight will be half a can of baked beans with a little sprinkle of Parmesan, followed by a small pot of low fat Greek yogurt with a dessertspoon of mixed seeds and a segmented satsuma mixed in. So there's plenty of fibre, fat and protein there, which should keep me going for a day, I'm only going to do it for one day at a time.
Sorry to hear Betty is ill again. Try eliminating one ingredient a week incase it's an allergy/intolerance. My sister's dog had this and found out her dog couldn't eat chicken. Worth a try hope it helps.
ReplyDeleteOh, if only animals could talk! I hope Betty is feeling better soon.
ReplyDeleteThe weather is all up in the air isn't it? (No pun intended! ) It's warm and dry today, but the other day it was decidedly chilly and wet. I thought winter was upon us. Oh, well, just have to make the best of it when we can.
Good luck with the fasting. I know I couldn't do it, after going on a very low calorie diet a couple of years ago, and ending up feeling very ill. My low BP dropped into my boots and I was very lightheaded. My husband has stuck to it, lost 4 stones and feels great. It's not fair! xx
Our little old lady is on a diet of boiled mince, cooked rice, and cottage cheese. She had a bowel bleed last week due to leaking protein. Antibiotics and steriods. A ten pound pup can fight like a tiger when she she's the med syringe coming her way
ReplyDelete