Followers

Saturday, 12 September 2026

Preparations

 No blogs have shown up on my daily reading list for several days now, their new posts only show up when I go to each individual blog.  I have notified Blogger a couple of days ago but they don't seem to be in a hurry to do anything about it.

We've got 2 appointments next week, and I've got all the holiday stuff to gather together and pack, washing of stuff we want to take with us to do, and remind husband not to wear anything he wants to wear on holiday, as he's often done in the past.  I'll have to give him a couple of jobs to do, like packing his clothes, although I'll have to suggest what he should take - holidays to husband, even though we only ever go in this country and usually later in the year, mean basically 2 t-shirts and a pair of shorts....one year he even forgot to pack any underwear!  He did offer to pack Betty's things, but I wouldn't trust him with that, it's highly unlikely he'd remember everything like her tablets, couple of towels, food and water bowls, toys, lead, collar and harness.

I'm on the home run with my jumper, just the assembly, cuffs and edging to do (and the dreaded sewing in of ends.....I know I should do it as I go along but rarely do).

All the 25th anniversary of 9/11 coverage was very poignant, it's one of those terrible events that we never forget.  We'd recently put our then house on the market and on that day I was working in town and popped into the estate agents after lunch to ask them to rectify an error in the sales particulars.  The estate agent was listening to the radio looking shocked and told me what had just happened, we both listened for a few minutes more, neither of us could quite believe it.  On the day that Princess Diana died, I remember it was a Sunday morning and we'd just got up, our neighbour (who knew I was a Royalist) came over to ask if we'd heard the news, I actually burst into tears when he told me.

I've started up an emergency supplies box, I'm not panic buying anything but am getting a couple of extra things when I go shopping, things like bottles of water, tins of beans, tomatoes, peas and fruit, pasta and rice, dried milk, coffee, dog food, toilet rolls and toiletries will all be going in it.  We've got a camping stove that runs on camping gas, we did have a pack of 10 gas bottles but husband has just informed me we only have 1 left....apparently he's been using them to power his flame thrower/weedkiller thing 😒 so I've told him he'd better buy some more and stop using them all up!  I'll also need to put in matches or a lighter, torches and batteries.  Apparently, we're supposed to have enough emergency supplies for 3 days, if it comes to some kind of disaster.  Just think, our grandparents would have thought nothing of it, they'd have just rolled up their sleeves and got on with it.

2 comments:

  1. I have a list of 'stuff to take' which I keep in the suitcase. I can then mentally cross off things as I pack them. I did once, many moons ago, go away wearing flip flops and forgot to pack any other footwear. Of course, the weather cooled off and my feet were frozen. Lesson learned!
    I do try to weave in as I go, or at least every few rows, but that doesn't always go to plan, either. 🤣
    Yes, 9/11. I was just finishing work, and one of the cleaners came into the staffroom and said a plane had flown into one of the twin towers. At that point, I thought it was a terrible accident. By the time I got home, my husband was watching it all unfold, on TV. We just sat there absolutely horrified, unable to speak. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning! I came to your blog as my reading list only shows posts from 5 days ago! I wonder if they are going to just pack it up! I long lamented when they removed the blogger app - it was tons better. Anyway - I started a small stash of bottled water - it's a luxury item here and the menfolks duly took it all to work instead of using their own refillable ones! Need a better hiding place !

    ReplyDelete

If yours is an Anonymous account, please give a name. Comments without a name will not be published. Thank you.