Followers

Tuesday 19 February 2019

Backache moved upwards!

Thank you for all the comments, my back is considerably better today (just as well as I now have toothache...honestly, if it's not one thing it's another.  It's not too bad though and I already have a check up appointment for next month, so will wait till then).

Wherethejourneytakesme, I've never heard of Somatics...I looked it up on youtube, so it's a sort of yoga.  Looks interesting, I'll have a go when I get some time to myself.  Osteo and chiro are just too expensive when we have little money now, and the wait for non-urgent physio appointments is too long - by the time I got an appointment I probably wouldn't have a problem.  Sorry some of you are suffering too - it's so debilitating isn't it, and pain and lack of sleep make you crotchety.  Well, it does me.  There's always something, isn't there, as we get older - we really take our healthy young years for granted!

There's one good thing about feeling unwell, for whatever reason, though - when you feel better it's such an enormous relief and you really feel how great it is to be alive.  And our problems are minor compared to lots of other people.

I'm spending a lot of time in the kitchen today (just for a change, lol) - details on my food blog.  Just sat down to have a break with a cuppa and catch up on blog reading, then start my shopping list for the weekend.  I did think of a couple of things I need this morning when I got up....of course I've forgotten now what they were, I really need to have a notepad and pen on a string around my neck, I think.  Duh.

Mum's very poorly again, I do feel for her.  She was too unwell to talk much on Sunday, but said again she's fed up with being ill and wishes she just didn't wake up in the morning.  She's still waiting for an appointment with the consultant to find out the CT scan results, everything up there just takes so long.

I've got blood tests this week, followed by an appointment next week with the diabetes nurse, to review how I'm doing on my new diabetes med I started last November.  I know it's making me wee a lot!  That reminds me, I'm supposed to take a week's worth of BP and blood glucose readings with me to the appointment, better start doing them today!

7 comments:

  1. I am sorry for your mother. I can say it does make one feel grouchy and worse if one feels like crud and it just won't go away.
    You are sounding so much better these days. I am glad for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poor Mum she must be at her wits end.

    Like you say it's one thing after another as you get older. Today it's my shoulders giving me gyp. It's enough to drive you nuts.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound how I feel, my hip is really playing up now, I had to hang on to Tom to get out of Tesco the other day, not funny, felt like and old lady.(whoops, forgot, I am an old lady, lol)
    Jokes aside though it seems like every day is a struggle. We do one major job a day and that's us finished.
    Going to look up that somatics, hope you don't need to get down on the floor cos that will be over before its finished, lol
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it sucks getting old, it seems like every day it's something. I've been suffering with phn after having shingles since last June. Still waiting to have a pain free day. My heart goes out to your mum, and you and your siblings. It's never easy watching our parents reaching the end of life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My MUm says somethging very similar from time to time, when she can get the words out, It's hard, so hard, for her and for those who love her. I understand.
    I used to thing it was great to live a really long life; now I am not so sure.
    I hope the toothache isn't too difficult to cope with before your check-up.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your poor Mum! If only there really were magic wands...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel for your mum it is not good to be waking up each day still feeling so bad all the time.
    I recommend the Posture Queen somatics - each lesson take about 40 mins but everything is done so gently and slowly you have to be patient. The idea is very small repetetive movements to release tight muscles and not to attempt any that causes any pain. All I can say is after 40 mins when you feel you have done very little the results can be amazing and movement can be regained.
    I know exactly what you mean about needing a notepad handy all the time - I am just the same.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, however please note that rude ones won't be published. Nor will anonymous ones now.