Husband was being extremely resistant to the idea of going to the GP, he just didn't want to go and insisted he didn't need to. So this morning I've put my foot down and said I'm making the appointment and he's going, it's at 4 pm today. He's grudgingly agreed. The thing is, since he's the one who has to drive the car there, if he flatly refused to go then there's not much I could do to make him do it.
It's been raining heavily during the night and continuing now, although it's beginning to tail off now and is due to stop in an hour or so, it's lovely to see the grass greening up again. Isn't it amazing how quickly it comes back, especially when it's looked totally dead for the last few weeks/months even. Most of our veggies are over and done with now, apart from a few courgettes and carrots, I'll have to start buying fresh tomatoes and cucumbers again.
I'm feeling a bit apprehensive about our upcoming holiday - whilst it'll be good to have a change of scenery and be in an area we've not visited for about 3 years, I'm concerned about it possibly being the same old, same old but just in a different place. If husband finds something to moan about, he will....if he doesn't want to go somewhere, it'll be hard to shift him (and there's no public transport nearby, a bit of a rookie error on my part). I have memories of our last holiday this time last year, when we came home a day early because I was totally fed up with husband's constant complaints. But then again he might be alright this time, I can only hope!
The searing pain I had in my shoulder following the cortisone jab had mostly worn off by the weekend. And now, I'm happy to say, my usual shoulder pain seems to be reducing quite a lot - it's so nice to have one body part that isn't making me grit my teeth because of the pain. So there's that.
Thank you all for your kind comments - you're right, I am tired and worn down with all the responsibilities and the thought that it's never going to get any better. When we're young, newly married and carefree, we really don't think that things might change and become very hard, do we? It doesn't even occur to us.
I hope your husband does go to the GP. If not, it might be a case of bundle him, kicking and screaming into a taxi! 😲 What is it with men and their health? Talking of which, I'm glad your shoulder pain is finally easing. Being in constant pain or discomfort is no joke.
ReplyDeleteIt poured with rain here last night, and the garden is loving it! You can almost hear the plants sighing and slurping up the water!
I hope your apprehension about your holiday turns out to be unfounded. Take plenty of DVD's for him, just in case, and leave him to wallow in gore and car chases!
You're right about not knowing what life has in store for us. When you're a child, you can't imagine being 20, when you're in your 20's, you can't imagine being 60, then in your 60/70's you realise what all the older generation meant! Oh, well, nothing we can do about it, just grit our teeth and carry on! xx