Followers

Tuesday, 16 December 2025

A sorting out day

 I didn't get to start on the punch needling, I got stuck in with several small jobs that needed doing.  A couple of my kitchen cupboards really needed a sort out, one of the wall cupboards was so bursting at the seams that things were beginning to fall out when I opened the doors....another one was nearly as bad.  Both of those got emptied out, out of date or now not used things thrown out, cupboards cleaned and stuff put back in tidily.  I need to do the deep corner cupboard too, it's not packed full but needs reorganising so things I use most often are at the front - it's mostly baking tins and dishes, graters, salad bowls etc, I'll tackle that tomorrow.  I sorted out the dog food and tablets shelf and tidied it up, and reorganised the other small corner cupboard above the washing machine, which houses the washing stuff, tea towels, bin liners etc.  We seem to have acquired far too many mugs, so I took out 5 that we no longer use and have put them in the charity shop box.

I made a small chocolate sponge cake and froze it when cool, it's to go in the Black Forest trifle for Christmas Day.  I also made cauli cheese, divided into two - one we had with dinner last night, the other I froze.  The freezer is practically rammed full now, there are quite a few homemade ready meals in there that we must have this week before the shopping is delivered at the end of the week, to make some room.  I've got out a tub of chicken stew for husband's dinner tonight, and a salmon pasta bake for me.

I asked husband what he was going to do - a scowling face was the reply.  I asked him to fix the curtain rail above the front door - one side had collapsed, he hadn't even noticed!  He did do it, but that was the extent of his jobs for the day, it must have worn him out as he dozed in front of the TV for the rest of the day. 😒  Well, as long as I keep busy and do what needs doing, then that keeps me occupied.

First thing this morning we're going to town so I can get into the library as soon as it opens at 9 am, and then go into Proper Job to get a new doormat (how exciting 😂).  When we're home I shall get on with reorganising the baking tins cupboard, then we'll be sorting through our wardrobes and drawers and taking out stuff we no longer wear for the charity shop.  I say 'we' because I've told husband he's got to do his wardrobe - he was complaining yesterday he's got no coat hangers left so he's obviously got too many clothes!  As he only wears the same few things over and over, he should have quite a bit to clear out.

Then tomorrow I should have nothing to do!

Hayley my cleaner said because of holidays, she won't be coming again until the 12th January - oh no, how will I manage?! 😱😂

2 comments:

  1. I sorted our kitchen cupboards last week. It always amazes me how "stuff" just accumulates! They all got a good clean (how do crumbs get into cupboards that don't have anything "crumby" in them?), then sorted out. Things no longer needed were either binned or boxed for the charity shop. I do need to go through my wardrobe. I wear the same few t-shirts and the others just stay put. What a waste of the limited space I have. And there's other clothing I "might wear one day". Er, no, if it's been there for years and I've not worn it, or it doesn't feel comfortable, why am I hanging on to it? I must be strict with myself!
    Enjoy your day off. Sit in your room, with a soothing CD playing and have a go at the needle punching. Sound bliss! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still working on the fridge freezer baskets here. Lots to use up and get ready for Christmas leftovers. My excitement today was shopping for groceries.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

If yours is an Anonymous account, please give a name. Comments without a name will not be published. Thank you.