Husband has no sense of time or urgency nowadays, years ago if we were going out somewhere, he'd be sitting in the car with the engine running and tooting the horn 5 minutes before I was ready. Now, if we need to go out, especially if it's to an appointment, I make a point of telling him first thing in the morning where we're going, what time we need to be there and the time we have to go out, I remind him again about an hour beforehand as he will almost certainly have forgotten. Yesterday morning I wanted to be in town just before 9 am before the hordes arrived to do their Christmas shopping. Despite having been told twice, husband was sitting watching TV, leisurely eating his breakfast, at 8.50 😒. Consequently, it was around 9.20 (it only takes 5 minutes to drive to town) when we got there, and the high street was already full of cars, no spaces at all, so husband just dropped me off and drove around the block a couple of times until I'd finished.
He's the same with everything, ambles or sits around without a care and as if he's got all the time in the world. He does everything at a snail's pace nowadays, he takes absolutely ages in the bathroom and then takes 20 minutes to get dressed when he comes out - what on earth does he do?! I'm always the one standing in the kitchen waiting for him nowadays - how times change.
I got a doormat - and then saw a stand full of much nicer ones in another shop doorway on the way home, how annoying. I also got 4 library books, they should keep me going over Christmas along with the 2 other unread ones I have already - I've renewed those online today so all 6 will have the same return date, it gets confusing otherwise.
All the reaching up and down clearing out the wall cupboards, cleaning the shelves and putting everything back on Monday played havoc with my shoulder and neck, it was really painful when I got up yesterday morning. I decided not to do the big corner cupboard but to give my shoulder a rest, seemed the sensible thing to do. It's not so painful today, so I'll crack on with the cupboard this afternoon, hopefully.
I really miss my Mum at this time of year, coming up to the 6th anniversary of her death. I've been thinking about her a lot lately, she was so wise and also very funny, sometimes unintentionally. I miss the hour long, or more, phone calls we used to have.
Oh, please give your shoulder a bit more time to recover. It's tempting to do things when our aches and pains ease up, but you really don't want to aggravate it. Lecture over! (I can talk!🤣)
ReplyDeleteMy husband takes forever in the bathroom, too. He can take 20 minutes just cleaning his teeth. How he has any enamel left on them, I don't know! xx
Same here Sooze, what I would give to sit down with my sister and have a good old chat. Like you sad month. Ditto re: husbands and waiting now. June x
ReplyDeleteIt's so hard when we miss our loved ones at Christmas, you have my sympathy. The problems with your husband sound very familiar - like you, I have no idea why mine takes so long in the bathroom now and it is a nightmare getting him organised if we have to leave the house at a particular time. Drives me nuts... Give that shoulder a bit of a break - that cupboard will still be there later!
ReplyDeleteMy aunt and I used to chat for an hour or more about?? Anything and sometimes whether the washing dried outside!!She always used to say, 'Don't go mad with the housework, it will be the same dust next week!'
ReplyDeleteI still find myself reaching for the phone thinking that I need to tell my Mom something and she has been gone 20 years. I think we always need our Moms.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.