I took the advice of you ladies and left the corner cupboard again, my shoulder isn't pain-free yet and I know clearing out the corner base cupboard will exacerbate it again. We did do an easier job though, we both went through our wardrobes and did a cull....with a lot of grumbling and indecisiveness from husband - he claimed he didn't know what to throw out. Easy - whatever you haven't worn for at least 6 months, doesn't fit, or is downright scruffy! I had to help him decide. We both now have a dustbin bag full of clothes for the charity shop, to go with a boxful of unused or surplus china and glasses. We've only been here 2 years (it was 2 years on the 13th Dec) but it's amazing how quickly stuff mounts up.
Relatives have cleared out the bungalow of the neighbour who passed away 2 or 3 weeks ago. The place has been advertised for rent already, which is understandable I suppose - whilst it's empty it's not earning money for them. We've seen a couple of people coming to peer through the windows, the official viewings aren't until January, so new neighbours sometime then.
Nasty weather yesterday and today, heavy rain showers and strong winds....it's certainly very windy here. Forecast to be better from Friday onwards, although colder again. I don't mind the cold (can always put another jumper on), it's the rain and gale force winds I don't like.
I've done well with using up stuff to make space in the freezer before the Christmas food shop arrives, we've had something out of the freezer every day so far. Yesterday it was a veggie cottage pie with a garlic & cheese flatbread, today I'm making soup using home grown and frozen veggies, to be served with cheese topped rolls from the freezer. Tomorrow will be battered fish, chips and peas, all from the freezer.
Well done on the clothes 'cull' I'm still undecided about getting rid of my surplus clothes, I may lose weight so can wear them!! LOL
ReplyDeleteI've been saying that for the last few years. This coming year I really will ... I hope.
DeleteGlad you heeded our advice. The cupboards will still be there when your shoulder is better!
ReplyDeleteYou've done well to cull your clothing. I keep meaning to but then go off the idea! The trouble is, because I like upcycling clothing, if I no longer want to wear whatever, it goes in my fabric stash. That and my yarn stash are taking over!
I hope your new neighbours will be nice and friendly. xx
You're doing so well with creating freezer space. It's harder than it sounds, I find.
ReplyDeleteAnd well done with the clothes too - a good job done there. xx
It'll be interesting to see who you get for your new neighbour/s. I'll keep my fingers crossed that there'll be a woman of a similar age to you who you could enjoy having a coffee and a natter with from time to time. Even better - that she has a little car and fancies having a companion when she drives to the big shops! 😉
ReplyDeleteThat'd be nice, Jane! X
DeleteI am still working on the clothing cull. Perhaps one day I will be finished that. I hope you get some nice neighbours. As Jane says one you can visit with.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.