Husband's had his covid jab this morning, we were the 2nd ones there so were in and out within 5 minutes. Due to rule changes this year and despite having had all the jabs before, I'm no longer eligible for one. Lots of people on our local FB page have been saying they've also been to get their jabs but have been turned away, due to the new rules - even those who have offered to pay. The clinic staff are saying they've been told to enforce the rules rigidly. Cost cutting I guess.
This weekend I'm getting Christmas stuff done - just got the tree box out of the cupboard ready to put up and dress, and I'll be writing all the cards and posting those that need posting. I've already gone through and edited the Christmas shopping delivery list online.
I don't go overboard on the Christmas decorations (unlike Cherie of North Yorkshire Crafting Guru blog, whose house and garden are like a Winter Wonderland! Your decs always make me smile, Cherie). We don't have anything on the walls or hanging off the ceiling - other than the tree, I just have a few Christmas ornaments and a glass bowl full of sparkling lights on the sideboard. I've just looked at the sideboard....I'll have to clear it off first of all husband's junk. He's obviously run out of space on his desk (he's very untidy) so has dumped a load of stuff on the sideboard - 2 pairs of sunglasses (erm, it's winter now!), a rechargeable battery off one of his tools (why is it even in the lounge?), a pencil stub, some screwed up tissues (yuck!), a couple of (unused!) dog poo bags, some random coins, a few old shop receipts....he obviously emptied his jacket pockets 😒
I've had notification that 2 of my library books are due back on Monday 😲 - I'm only halfway through one and not even started the other so I'll have to renew them. Obviously not done much reading lately!
There's a definite improvement - well, drop - in my shoulder pain this morning....taking 3 or 4 regular doses of the co-codamol for the past few days is obviously working. I'm also having one sachet of the orange-flavoured laxative drink each day, which is also working, thank goodness.
Getting washing dry over the next few days is going to be a bit of a challenge, showers or heavier rain forecast every day, we've already had a couple of heavy showers this morning, with brief glimpses of sun in between.
Bit of a boring, nothingy post today, sorry about that!
Look on line, I can renew mine without visiting the library
ReplyDeleteYes I do renew them online thanks Marlene, although I don't normally have to as I've usually read them all by the due date - not this time though 😳
DeleteWell, I'm glad your shoulder pain is easing. Let's hope it continues to improve!
ReplyDeleteI keep thinking I'll get my tree put up, but then the mood goes! Maybe next week.🤣
We're thinking of getting a dehumidifier to help with drying washing indoors. I've read it can really help, and we do sometimes get condensation if it's very cold out, so it might save me having to window vac the windows! xx
Pleased your shoulder pain is easing, constant pain is so wearing. We have both had our flu and Covid jabs. OH is eligible for both but I'm not, so he very nicely said he would pay for me to have the jab. Rang round almost every Pharmacy in the area, none of them did it, but the big Boots in the City Centre was. We went in on the bus and he was poorer by £98.98p an hour later, although I did get Boots points. Xx
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful that the pain in your shoulder is easing. I usually only decorate the living room and get Harvey to decorate his man cave (I did do the tree down there in years past). This year we only have the tree upstairs and I am hoping to do a bit more decor through out the house. Strange that the rules have bee changed so you are no longer able to get the Covid shot.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
Oh my goodness £98.98 for a flu Jab! How lucky are we to have the NHS (with all its faults at the moment). I am on a chemo medication at the moment which I think is £2000 a month. I will at the end of the treatment have been on this medication for three years. Plus blood tests, CT Scans, MRI Scans and surgery. I am so very grateful for my treatment, the kindness of hospital staff and their extraordinary skills, my friends and family. I feel I have been surrounded by love. I’m so pleased you are feeling better Sooze and enjoying cooking, planning, and life again.xx June
ReplyDelete