Followers

Friday 2 August 2019

Ho hum, and fingers crossed

I spoke too soon yesterday....the internet with the new hub was fine for the time it took for me to do a bit of banking and post my blog.  I put the laptop down and went off to do other things straight after, and when I came back to the laptop a few hours later, the internet was off again - and remained off for several hours.  Well, it came back on intermittently, for literally just a few minutes at a time before going off again, and was so slow it was almost unusable, as it took so long for a page to load.  Upon reading the little instruction book which came with the new hub (why are these things printed in such tiny letters?  Or is that just me getting old?), it does say that it may take up to 3 days for the thing to reach optimum performance - I know how it feels!  It may reset itself several times during this period, apparently.  So hopefully it will all work out alright in the end.

I've had a stonker of a headache most of the week - a tension headache I think, it feels like a steel band is wrapped around my head and is alternately tightening then loosening a bit, and the back of my neck is very tight and painful.  I've not taken any painkillers so far, other than a couple of paracetamol just to take the edge off when I needed to concentrate on something....when I have a headache like this, painkillers seem to do nothing much except make me feel woolly-headed on top of the pain.  Husband is going to be out this morning, so I think I'll take the opportunity to lie quietly on the bed with the curtains drawn and my meditation app playing, I'm sure that will sort it out.  I don't think it's anything sinister (I've not got a brain tumour, I'm sure!), it's just the result of the constant stresses and worries we've had for weeks, along with anxiety about the results of husband's CT scan, which we've still not yet got.  Husband has a GP appointment this afternoon, for something which we hope is minor, so we'll ask him about the results - they might have had them through electronically already, whilst we have to wait for a paper copy.  Oh, and the oppressive heat we've had for over a week doesn't do me any good, I definitely don't do well in the heat.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure it is a tension headache and hardly surprising given what's going on right now in your life. I'm glad you have some time to yourself today to rest and relax.
    I agree, that heat really didn't help!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the tension around your head lessens soon, Sooze. I also hope your broadband improves now. I have to say we had problems with ours (with BT) and the customer service was so awful, we eventually moved to Sky and really can't fault them.
    Look forward to seeing your Wedding card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still no results? I do wish they would get on with it!

    I did not know that you had another heatwave. I hope it has abated. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the headaches easing. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, however please note that rude ones won't be published. Nor will anonymous ones now.