Followers

Saturday 17 August 2019

Lovely day

The wedding was beautiful, marred slightly by the heavy freezing rain and strong wind....everything had to be held in the Orangery, whereas we should have been eating the lovely food outside, and the photos were meant to be done in the gorgeous grounds (the photographer did drag us outside during brief lulls in the downpours).  But it didn't take away from the fabulous day, and the couple looked beautiful together and were so happy.

Betty had a good time with our friends, I think....and they said she behaved herself!  (I'm sure she didn't have much option 😁).  M did send me a couple of photos during the afternoon, of Betty asleep on her bed, so that put my mind at rest.

I noticed in one of the photos I took of husband yesterday afternoon, he looks very tired and a bit gaunt - he says he feels his latest UTI is not really responding to the new meds.  He also finds any significant distance driving nowadays very hard (the journey there through holiday traffic took 2.5 hours, just 1.5 hours on the return home).  So we'll be having an easy quiet day.  I'll try and put some photos on next time.

7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a lovely day yesterday, Sooze, regardless of the weather. I'm sure Betty was spoilt! Hope you and your hubby manage to have a quiet relaxing day today x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How kind of your friend to send photos.
    Have a lovely, easy day, to rest and recover after the exertions of yesterday.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray, a nice day for a change, so pleased you had a lovely time.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too am happy you had a nice day. When one is not 100% it is difficult. I do hope him outdoors can feel an improvement soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a lovely day and hope you both feel rested soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet the day cheered you up no end - and I am happy for you. XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, however please note that rude ones won't be published. Nor will anonymous ones now.