Followers

Tuesday 19 November 2019

Feeling good after a great night's sleep

So had my first night after taking 2 doses of CBD.  Now, I'm not expecting it to work (if it works at all) after just one day....apparently it could take several days, or even a couple of weeks, to start working.  However, I actually slept pretty well last night.  Went to bed around 10 pm and went off to sleep almost straight away although, to be fair, I don't usually have too much trouble getting to sleep when I first get in bed anyway, and I was particularly knackered.  Woke up around midnight needing the loo, then went back off to sleep pretty much immediately, which is highly unusual.  And I stayed asleep until just before 4 am, which is my normal waking time, and that again is extremely unusual, normally I don't sleep ANY night for more than an hour or so at a time.  Couldn't get back to sleep so got up, which again is usual for me.  So I actually had about 5 or 6 hours good quality sleep last night, and feel much better for it already.  No reduction in the back or hip pain, but I'd be surprised if there was after just one day of using the oil.

So a good start....if all the CBD does is help me to sleep then I shall be very happy with that - coping with pain is so much easier when I'm not dropping with exhaustion too.

Had some gut problems yesterday, which I suspect were to do with a not very nice shop bought pasty we had for lunch.  We were out at the time and hungry, that'll teach me.

As I was up early, I got the washing (bed linen and towels) out of the machine (it gets done overnight on the cheap rate leccy) and put some in the tumble drier, the rest went on the washing line outside when it got light.  Whether it actually dries remains to be seen.....it's sunny but very cold and very little breeze.  Beautiful sunrise this morning, the sort of cold, frosty, crisp and sunny morning that makes you smile.  I've also made bread dough, plus pastry for the mince pies that I'm finally getting around to making today.  Am about to make the Christmas cake too....well, just a rich fruit cake really, husband doesn't like marzipan or icing so I don't use them.  The cake will be fed with booze and stored away until Christmas though, or he'll eat it straight away.


12 comments:

  1. Oh Sooze, isn't it bliss to get a good nights sleep. It makes so much difference to your get up and go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly does, two nights for me but it won’t last. Hope the oil works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good night's sleep. Whether it was the oil or not - who knows? You certainly sound more chipper. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you had some decent rest.

    I've never used CBD oil myself but I know quite a few people who use it for an assortment of health issues, some of them swear by it, hope it works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best wishes on the help for the pain now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such good news Sue. A few decent hours of sleep make all the difference. Long may it continue

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just caught up on about 5 of your posts, Sooze. I'm glad your first lot of investigatory tests showed nothing untoward. Strange about your missing ovary, haha, who knew they could go missing? As you say, even if the cbd oil gives you a good night's sleep & nothing else, it's worth it! All your cooking sounds delicious:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pleased for you, certainly lifts the spirits after a good sleep. Hope it will continue.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to hear about your good nights sleep............long may it continue

    ReplyDelete
  10. CBD oil didn’t agree with me. I hope it works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very thankful that you have had a good night's sleep, whatever the reason. Long may it continue. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. How good it is to hear that you have had a decent sleep - I hope it continues for you. Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, however please note that rude ones won't be published. Nor will anonymous ones now.