Followers

Sunday 17 November 2019

It's a 'thing'!!

Thank you for all the comments, I am glad there doesn't seem to be anything - cancerous, might as well say it as it's always on everyone's minds.  Well, not that he could see anyway, although he did stress he couldn't see my right ovary clearly.  As for the missing left ovary....I did some googling (as you do) and apparently a missing ovary is a 'thing'!  Who knew?!  And for some odd (and unknown) reason, it's usually the left one....and some women even have their left kidney missing too.  How odd!  50 and counting, did yours ever reappear?  If I genuinely don't have a left ovary....well, I've got to 60 without it being a problem or even noticed before, so it's presumably insignificant.  I've never been pregnant (being the world's least maternal woman), but I know even missing an ovary wouldn't present a problem with having kids anyway - my Mum only has one.  She wasn't born like it, she had it removed, along with her Fallopian tube, after an ectopic pregnancy, but still went on to have my sister and younger brother.

So now I'm left wondering what's causing my gut problems and general feeling of being not well.  It can't just be gluten intolerance, as I get severe problems after eating pretty much anything.  But - and here's a mystery - not all the time.....sometimes I can have no reaction whatsoever after eating something, but eat the same thing the next day and have terrible gut pains and severe diarrhoea and feel really sick, there seems to be no pattern to it.  Then there's the bloating - sometimes my abdomen blows up so much I have to change my clothes as they become too tight and I look like I'm several months pregnant.  And I constantly feel under the weather, haven't felt really well for months now.  Nor do I think it's all down to stress....yes we have had several stressful things going on for the past year or so, but I don't feel particularly stressed at the moment.  Last week was quite stressful, but I'm over that now.  I don't have any gut problems this morning (so far!) but do feel like I've gone 10 rounds with Mike Tyson, and have even worse backache than usual, although I think that's to do with the scans on Friday, the hard couch and the positions I had to lie in.  Well, hopefully more investigations will find out the cause.

I had a list of things to do today, but most of them won't get done, I just don't feel like it today.  I've managed to sort some washing out, prep cauli and broccoli and make some carrot & parsnip rosti cakes (luckily I prepped the veggies for those yesterday) to go with the roast chicken dinner, but that'll be it, husband will do the cooking and serve it up.  Now I'm just going to sit and read for the rest of the day.

Brenda, why did you want to know how far we are from Bristol Univesity?  We live about an hour's drive from Bristol.

8 comments:

  1. Our bodies are weird things aren't they? I'd swap mine for a twenty year olds any day.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew a missing ovary was "a thing". You learn something new every day! Your gut problems could be due to food intolerance. I have lactose intolerance, and as you describe I could bloat up so I looked about 8 months gone, stomach pains,diarrhoea etc. It can take several hours (even the next day) to occur after eating the offending food, so you don't always make the link. Don't know if you've tried keeping a food diary, but it might help you discover if it is food intolerance that's causing your problems. Keep pestering your GP though - something's going on in there! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you find out whats going on soon, x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know my daughter swells up and has pains with IBS, just an idea.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could it be IBS or has that been ruled out? I do hope you get to the bottom of it as it's no fun to live with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know about missing ovaries or kidneys. How odd. You learn something new every day, don't you?

    The carrot and parsnip rosty cakes sound absolutely delicious!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you get it sorted soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, however please note that rude ones won't be published. Nor will anonymous ones now.