Followers

Saturday, 13 June 2020

Here and stealing

Thank you for comments and sorry for being missing.  For the last couple of weeks I've not been well at all - a combination of my diabetes, liver disease, arthritis and bad back all being problematic at once.  Added to that, several times recently I've felt like I was getting a cold, only for it to wear off then reappear a day or 2 later.  Disturbed nights too, worse than usual, pain and anxiety keeping me awake, been downstairs almost more than I've been in bed every night.  So I've done virtually nothing this week, certainly nothing to write about.  Kath (HH) thank you for being concerned, much appreciated.

Not really got anything to say today either, but John of Going Gently had a brilliant idea for a blog post, so I'm going to steal it...

I've often wondered who my blog readers are, so please tell us if you'd like to:-

a) What's your name? (Doesn't have to be your real name)
b) Where do you live?
c) Do you have a blog?
d) Tell us something about yourself - anything you like.

I look forward to reading the answers.

26 comments:

  1. My real name is Brenda but I hate it and always call myself Briony.
    I live in Brighton 5 mins from the sea.
    I have a blog 'crafty-cats-corner.blogspot.com
    I am married to Tom for 57 years and have 3 grown children. I love crochet, patchwork, reading and playing the piano and ukulele.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sooze,
    My name is Lee (for all of my life I've had to explain that I'm female and not male!). I live in a small ex-mining town/big village in the East Midlands about 20 miles from Nottingham and have lived in the same house for 29yrs. I don't have a blog and only discovered blogs in 2014. I have been married for 31yrs this year and have 3 grown up children and 3 granddaughters. I took early retirement from the NHS in 2014 at age 50, after 30yrs. I have lifelong arachnophobia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am Tracy. I live in North Yorkshire and I don't have a blog, but really enjoy reading them. I have been married for 30 years, have two children and I am a bookaholic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're back, but sorry you've not been too well. I'm Kath (Kathleen) and I live in Southport. I don't have a blog (not sure I'd know how to set one up, or what to write about!) I've been married to my best friend for almost 45 years, have 2 grown up children, 2 children-in-law and as of the 10th June - one gorgeous grandson! I can't wait to see him and cuddle him, but the cuddle will have to wait,thanks to Covid. I worked as a teaching assistant for 15 years until I retired 6 years ago. I love pottering about in the garden, knitting, crochet and generally trying to enjoy life. Oh, and I love reading about your life and doings! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are back. Hope you feel better soon. My name is Brenda. I do not have a blog-I don't do social media except read a few blogs-I enjoy yours. I grew up in WV, but lived in Ohio, South Carolina, and now Indianapolis. I have moved thirty times...had many careers...became a teacher in my 40's...did last degree at almost age 60. I live near family finally...in an apartment...I enjoy my in law suite in Florida with family there also. This is day 92 for isolation for me-family gets groceries, etc. I work with grands-school-on Facetime during this stay at home...Have visited all but four states-and LOVED my two trips to England-for Shakespeare...love the area. Keep writing...feel better...I like this suggestion...I have two children who are married...five grands...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sooze
    My name is Debbie and I live in Devon.
    I don't have a blog but I do love reading other peoples blog.
    I have been married 37 years and have five children.
    I love dogs, reading and needlecrafts.
    Hope you feel much better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marlene
    Hampshire along the south coast
    http://poppypatchwork.blogspot.com/
    Not much to say, crafting loving gardener who loves her family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello there. Hope you're feeling a bit brighter now. My mother used to say - if you feel life's too much, step aside and let it pass you by for a bit.

    I'm Cathy (Catherine) and I live in Victoria Australia
    I'm east of Melbourne, in the foothills of the Dandenong Ranges.
    My blog is called Cathy @ Still Waters. Things might look still on the surface but some days there's an awful lot of underwater paddling going on :)
    The Golfer and I have been married a long time (over 50yrs) don't think I'll trade him in now! He puts up with my crafty stuff - mainly knitting, accepts that his tea might be a little late if I have my nose in a book, has accepted all the cats I've had in my life and enjoys travelling as much as I do.
    My reply to those who ask what I do is :- Live Love Laugh and Travel as much as possible.
    Take care
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. My name is Carol.
    I do not have a blog as I am not very tech savvy it. I so enjoy reading my favourite ones.
    I live in a tiny village in the staffordshire Moorlands beautiful but can be very harsh in the winter months.
    I have 2 adult. Children and 3 grandchildren.
    I have just retired after 32 years in social work. Now finding things very strange as my anticipated time with family and friends has been curtailed by new restrictions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I’m Heather or just H to my family, I don’t have a blog but have been reading them for about 8 years. I was widowed 3 years ago I have one son and two step children all in their thirties and 4 grandchildren between 15 and 6. I’m a typical blonde who has a crazy little dog I love cooking, reading and spending time with friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My name is Janice
    I have a blog jansjabber.blogspot.ca
    I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains
    DH and I have been together 47 years, married for 35 years. Have 3 sons and 3 grandchildren.
    I was born in Manchester, England and came to Canada with my family when I was 14 years old.
    Hate having arthritis in my hands, shoulders, hips, knees and ankles as the mind is willing but the body says I can't do a lot of things I used to be able to do, especially gardening. Love reading blogs and reading about everyone elses beautiful gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My name is Pat and I have just started a blog - pastorswife69.com
    I live in Norwich and have been married for 48 years in August this year. Have a son and daughter, both married, have four grandsons, eldest 15 yrs, youngest 11 years and a granddaughter 8 yrs old.

    Have to deal with arthritis, diabetes, sleep apnea and chronic heart failure. Am trying to do gardening. I find that I can only do 10 minutes and then have to rest. This is the order for housework etc as well. I enjoy knitting, sewing and crochet, and want to start watercolour painting as a hobby. Do read quite a few blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I forgot to say that we spent our honeymoon at Brent Knoll near Burnham-on-Sea. My cousin had a bungalow at Brent Knoll and a chip shop with a flat at Burnham. As it was August she lived in Burnham and let us the bungalow at Brent Knoll. She had her Silver Wedding a few day before we got married.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there
    My name is Heather.
    I live not far from you in town that was the home of Clarks Shoes, now Clarks Village.
    I don't have a blog but enjoy reading others.
    I have 3 children but only one lives locally and seven grandchildren. Sadly we no longer have any dogs (I'm working on that!) But we walk my daughter's two. Friday we went to Great Wood and Combwich on the way home. I love family history, cruising and we have an allotment. I'm slightly older that you and have 'Nanny knees' e.g. arthritis.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry you have been unwell.
    I'm Julie. I live by the sea, near the moors in a town in Somerset. I lost my dad and my husband within ten weeks of each other last year. I have a blog.

    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi my name is Barbara.
    I live in New Zealand, in Christchurch.
    i used to have a blog "Mayberry", but no longer use it.
    I work with people who have a intellectual disability, and have done so, for 35 years,I reach retirement age next year, and lockdown has made me realize I wont be retiring then. I run, sew, cross stitch, read and regularly binge watch Australian police shows. Love rugby and watching most sports. I have a husband and 2 adult sons, one who is living at home, I tell people it's like a flatting arrangement, (but it's not).

    ReplyDelete
  17. My name is Pamela usually known as Pam and I live in Stansted Mountfitchet, Essex. I did write a blog which was a newsletter for friends and a diary for me when my husband had a stroke seven years ago, I stopped writing it when there wasn't much change to write about. I read lots of blogs my interests are frugal living, books, gardening, cooking, nature in fact almost anything.
    Ron and I have been married for 35 years, we have 5 adult children between us, my first husband died age 48. We have 6 grandchildren and are looking forward to our first great grandchild in October.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Welcome back!
    I'm Joy
    I live in the middle of Essex
    I have two blogs and I don't half go on at times!! :-)
    I'm retired. I tend to be a Jack of all trades. I love life and do my best to stay positive - a modern day Pollyanna!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Sooze,
    My name is Eleanor,
    I have lived in the same house in Dumfries & Galloway for 41 years
    I don't have a blog, spend a lot of time reading other peoples!
    Been married 51 years, 2 children and 2 grandchildren, 14 & 17.
    Husband was in RAF when we married, so have lived in various places, Singapore, Norfolk, Fife and Cumbria.
    Have been Shielding since early March, Neighbour has done shopping for us. Will be able to go for walk as from Thursday this week.
    Nice to see you blogging again Sooze.

    ReplyDelete
  20. P.S. So glad you are okay...was concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi, I'm Jo and I'm a new follower, I live in South Yorkshire
    my blog is https://barnsleyblogbags.blogspot.com/
    I'm married with a grown up son and have two cats

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi!I'm Mona & I live in North Wales! I don't have a blog but love reading them!I love crafting- making cards & knitting mostly
    Y! I love reading! I was an infants teacher in a former life but have been retired for 12 years! I've married for nearly 47 years! Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think you know all about me!

    I am so sorry that you have been unwell, my lovely, I hope you are fighting fit very soon.

    Love and Hugs, T-a.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Sooze, sorry you’ve not been feeling great. Well, as you know, I’m live in Exeter and have a blog. We’ve lived in the same house all our married life, nearly 27 years. I have a son, daughter and a diva-like cat. I love cooking, cardmaking, knitting, most sports, reading and have quite an eclectic taste in music. I adore the coast/sea. As much as I love my hubby and offspring, I also love my own company too (something which has been short on the ground since lockdown, haha!)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi my name is Lorraine, I live on the Isle of Lewis off the est Coast of Scotland. We moved there three years ago after years of dreaming and panning our move. We really do feel like we are living the dream. We have three daughters, 6 Grand children, a dog called Mickey and 6 chickens. I do have a blog called mamasmercantile. I love spending my day crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm Judy and I live in Columbus Indiana USA. I don't have a Blog anymore (too lazy) but I do enjoy reading Blogs. I'm retired but work two part time jobs when I can, I quilt, collage, draw and teach some classes at our senior center. I tend to stay too busy (before Corona) but have enjoyed my time at home the last three months. I like to travel and 2 years ago spent a week in Ireland, a few days in Scotland and the rest of the time in England. Three weeks was a long time to be away but I loved it and it was nice to see where my people were from.

    ReplyDelete

If yours is an Anonymous account, please give a name. Comments without a name will not be published. Thank you.