The very talented Rachel makes dog walking bags - small bags with a strap to wear either across the body or round the waist (if you're lucky enough to have a waist!), leaving hands free for holding leads or throwing balls. The bags are small enough to hold just purse, phone and keys, or bigger to carry a water bottle too. They have lots of pockets (always useful), including one at the front designed especially to hold poo bags and the pocket has a small hole set into it so you can pull out a poo bag quickly without having to scrabble around for one - genius! Rachel makes them in 3 sizes and different materials and colours. They are so useful and clever because they're designed and made by someone who understands what's needed because she's a dog walker herself.
I've been in correspondence with Rachel to discuss size and colour of one for myself. The gift she sent me yesterday was this:-
One of her lovely bags....As a GIFT to be going on with whilst she sorts out material and makes the bag I'd chosen. How lovely is that? See the purpose made hole with a poo bag poking out of it? Rachel puts in a roll of poo bags in a matching colour - I didn't even know they came in different colours, we've only ever had black. And the bag is made from a pair of red jeans, and the checked lining is from one of her daughter's old school dresses - upcycling genius.
Thank you so much Rachel.

It's fantastic. What a lovely gift. Clever lady!
ReplyDeletexx
What a good idea, well done Rachel.
ReplyDeleteWow! What a talented lady. I love that she's re-cycled fabric, too. I hope you're going to give us a photo of you modelling it!?
ReplyDeletexx
What a clever idea, and so useful.
ReplyDeleteI love the reuse of fabrics to make such a useful item. it is pretty in every way.
ReplyDeleteVery useful bag, well done Rachel. Hazel c uk 🌈🌈🌈
ReplyDeleteNow that is very clever. My daughter would be happy with one of those.
ReplyDeleteBriony
x
That's perfect for those times when you don't need a full size handbag. I need to make something similar for myself for my morning walks. I don't always have enough pockets for keys, phone and my change purse.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your kind review! The pattern and ones similar are available online - I wish I was clever enough to design it myself!! Xx
ReplyDeletePerfect in every way!
ReplyDeleteThat is amazing, such a great idea.
ReplyDeleteGosh I would love one of those. I hate going out with Suky and Mavis and having my pockets bulging with phone, keys, poo bags etc ... thank goodness neither of them likes balls, I wouldn't know where to put a ball :-)
ReplyDelete