I checked my phone this morning to see what the date is and was surprised to see it's Friday. I don't know what day I thought it was, but the week seems to have rushed by without me even noticing. I've not read or commented on many blogs this week, sorry about that, time has run away with me. It's not even that we've been terribly busy - busyish, but I'd be hard pressed to come up with a long list of what we've done.
Husband is in the process of fixing the TV to the wall in the lounge, so as with every DIY job he does, there's lots of noise and cussing going on. He's wanted to do it for a while but I wasn't all that keen - I have visions of the TV falling off the wall, most likely when it's just me and the dog here. I'm not denigrating his DIY skills, it's me being pessimistic that's all. However, since we've rearranged all the lounge furniture, I can't see the TV properly from where I sit, so the only solution (without moving it all around again) was to put it on the wall. It makes more space on husband's desk anyway, which was so cluttered it got on my nerves every time I looked at it.
He's going to have to relocate a large picture that was on the wall where the TV is now going, and move another metal poppy wall sculpture too. He's now discovered that one of the leads from the TV won't reach the electric socket, so is muttering about having to fix an extension lead to the wall as well. Sigh. Nothing is straightforward. I shall just keep out of the way until it's all done....although he says he'll need me to help hold the TV whilst it's being fixed to the wall bracket.
Nothing is easy! One little job always seems to lead to several more. A job you think will take about half an hour usually takes at least three. I know what you mean about losing track of the days. I was convinced today was Sunday. Hope you get your TV sorted. xx
ReplyDeleteThis made me laugh so much! It's what I go through every time my OH does any DIY. I have learnt to keep quiet and keep out of the way for the duration! I learnt this when we were newly married and he was putting a flatpack wardrobe together - blimey - you would have thought he was building a flipping house!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with all that!-
ReplyDeleteI had to think really hard what day it was too before I got up - worked it out by what I'd seen on TV last night.
I used to really hate asking Tom to do jobs because there was always an obstacle in the way or he couldn't get a fixing. He can't manage them anymore and now I can laugh at it.
ReplyDeleteBriony
x
Oh yes, Sooze, all too familiar! And when he's finished there is the great aura of satisfaction around him, you can feel the imaginary drumming of chest, displaying of muscles, jumping up and down, whoop, whoop and then walks away and leaves me to clear it all up.
ReplyDeleteAnnabeth are you married to my husband too?
DeleteOh dear, I hope it's all sorted out by now and that the lead will reach the power otherwise there'll be no TV watching this weekend. I'm all out of touch with the days at the moment, one day seems very much like another. It's only the fact that Eleanor doesn't get up for work on a Saturday that makes me realise it's the weekend.
ReplyDeleteGood luck sister!
ReplyDeleteCrikey, Sooze, I hope it all went well in the end! :)
ReplyDelete