Today I received a totally unexpected homemade gift from fellow blogger Rachel of Eternally 28.....I'll put on a photo of it if she gives her permission. We've been corresponding concerning some of her homemade goodies, but I wasn't expecting this.
Thank you so much Rachel, it's the perfect size, and it's so beautifully made, you're very talented!
It's dry but cloudy with the occasional short burst of sunshine today, and a few spots of rain - literally just spots. Very breezy though. I did a 'dog wash' this morning - the towels we use to dry Betty off after a muddy walk, plus the throws she lies on, on the sofas, I was in two minds whether to put them out on the line as the sky was quite dark. I took the chance and they all dried in no time at all, because of the strong breeze. Put the throws, which now smell fresh and lovely, back on the sofas and Betty came to investigate and have a sniff straight away - she clearly likes the fresh clean smell as well as she jumped straight up on one, curled up and was asleep within seconds. Wish I could sleep as easily as my dog!
That's lovely and Rachel is a lovely lady inside and out, I think.
ReplyDeletexx
Our cats sleep all day and in the evening Grace sits on my lap and sleeps more.
ReplyDeleteYes, they love freshly washed blankets don't they. It also applies to when I change the beds and put fresh duvet covers on, they aren't fresh for long, lol
ReplyDeleteBriony
x
What a lovely surprise. I hope we get to see. My cat used to hate it when I washed his blankie. He used to suckle it and knead it, so after I'd washed it, I had to spend ages rubbing it against his face to get his smell on it again. The things we do for our fur-babies! xx
ReplyDeleteOf course you can show and tell xx I am so chuffed it got there! Even more chuffed with your 'feedback' x I'll email you later - I got in from work and promptly fell asleep - however, my sofa throw is definitely on the needs a wash side!
ReplyDeleteAlso thanks Joy and Miss Next Chapter xxx
ReplyDeleteThere is nothing like a line dried throw to nap on...
ReplyDeleteGemma loves a fresh blanket from the line. Me too.
ReplyDeleteI look forward to seeing the handmade gift from Rachel. A surprise gift and handmade too, double delight.
ReplyDelete