Followers

Monday 25 April 2022

Beginning to lift

 We had a really nice time at the caravan yesterday, weather was perfect.  More neighbours, 2 vans away from us, were back for the first time this year, they're another couple we get on really well with so it was nice to catch up with them.  Husband did the outstanding jobs from last time, so I think that's pretty much everything done now, other than keeping up with the gardening stuff.  I did a bit more weeding and deadheading, tied in more shoots of the clematis and climbing rose, both of which are really putting growth spurts on, then watered all the pots.  Betty wandered in and out of the van - lying in the sun for 10 minutes, then going inside to cool off and have a drink, then back out again.  As I anticipated, all of the holidaymakers and all the families with children had gone home, so there were only a handful of regular static owners left - back to lovely peace and quiet, just how I like it.

Came home in the afternoon, got a few things to do this week and the early part of next, so I doubt we'll be going back until the middle of next week.

We've sorted a few things out so my depression and stress are beginning to lift.  I was adamant I didn't want to go down the antidepressant route again, unless it was absolutely necessary.  My knee isn't so much of a problem now either - it's not back to normal by any means, but isn't continually painful and it's not collapsing nearly as much.

Jayne, you asked if I drive - no I don't.  Obviously our life will have to change when the time comes when husband can't drive anymore, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.  His heart failure is well controlled with meds, he just gets tired very quickly and can't do as much physical work as he used to.

Another lovely thing - I've seen a few swallows and house martins flying around, just a few at the moment, but obviously lots more will be on their way over the next week or two.  I've a feeling they're a bit later arriving than last year, will have to look back to see when it was, I think I probably mentioned it in a blog post last year.

Right, having had a quick look back, the swallows actually arrived in early May last year (which was a bit later than usual), the house martins a couple of weeks later.  So the few I've seen so far are actually earlier this year.  It's good to keep a record of things like this.

Got a little top up shop to do today, just a bit of dairy and fresh veg, then housework and meal planning, washing is ready to go out on the line.  Husband's got a few jobs to do in the garden.

8 comments:

  1. It sounds lovely and I'm so glad to read that you are feeling better in yourself, both physically and mentally too.
    Have a wonderful day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the day did you well. Hopefully the other things in your mind will get sorted too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mini break seems to have put a spring in your step again. I had a blackbird building a nest in a shrub just outside my kitchen window, but it seems to have disappeared now. Maybe Mrs. Blackbird didn't like it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huge congratulations in moving a few things around so you feel less overwhelmed and sad.

    I suspected you did not drive . . . you know what I am thinking next, don't you? 🥰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're thinking I should learn to drive....that's a non-starter I'm afraid, Jayne! ;-)

      Delete
  5. Do you think the knee pain is worse in the cold weather? My hip certainly is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a lovely time…I thought maybe you could drive just in areas that are not hectic but YOU know best…hope you feel better…stress is so difficult…prayers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, however please note that rude ones won't be published. Nor will anonymous ones now.