Followers

Monday 27 June 2022

Something going round

 There's clearly some sort of bug or virus going round, I've heard now of several people living locally who have been feeling unwell, although symptoms differ slightly.  Some have had sore throats and coughs and generally feeling under the weather, which goes away eventually but then comes back again after a week or two.  Another has had a sore throat accompanied by a swelling on their neck and gone off their food.  All seem to report feeling really tired.  I've coughed once or twice, that might be hayfever related though, if I'm sneezing with hayfever it gives me a dry throat and occasionally makes me cough.  Over the weekend I felt really unwell, very scratchy throat and my neck glands hurt.  The main problem though for me has been this feeling of total exhaustion which has gone on for a couple of weeks, no matter how much sleep I have.  This morning my throat and sore glands feel a lot better, but I still felt like I could have slept for another few hours.  I didn't though, I've never been one for staying in bed for hours, always seems to me a complete waste of the day.

So I'm taking it that I'm better and have plenty to get on with today, I've already put the washing out on the line - will have to keep an eye on it though as the weather looks decidedly changeable again.  I had to put the washing on again when I got up, we had yet another blimmin power cut during the night and it interrupted the set washing cycle, I didn't know how far the cycle had got so just cancelled it and put it on a short wash.  We have power cuts galore here.....which always strikes me as odd seeing as we live about 2 miles as the crow flies from a big nuclear power station!  Fortunately, they only usually last a minute or two.  The power cut is even odder considering the electric company installed a new generator box thing, poles and cables a couple of weeks ago (it's in the field just behind our house).  Bleeding nuisance having to reset all the clocks and things at least once a week.

I'm also making dog food, and a big bowl of pastry to be portioned up and frozen.  There are loads of home grown new potatoes, I'll do a panful to be put in the fridge for potato salads - I've told husband not to dig any more up just yet, there's so many I'm practically drowning in them.  The yellow courgettes are starting to come thick and fast too - that's the trouble with growing veg, it all seems to come at once (husband's not good with successional sowings) and he does have a habit of bringing tons of it in and then leaving me to deal with this veg mountain.

Hopefully, I'll get all my jobs done this morning (I'm just having a coffee break at the mo) so I can sit upstairs in my recliner chair this afternoon and read.  Home cooked ham, egg and chips for tea tonight, so no work as such.

6 comments:

  1. Whatever it is, it sounds a most unpleasant thing and I'm sorry you're suffering from it. Maybe go with the flow for a few days and sleep a bit more? See if that helps? Sending healing vibes and hope you feel 100% again soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling a bit better. I wonder if, now people aren't mask wearing as much, we're all catching bugs again? A bit like when children go back to school and catch colds. I wish I lived near you, I'd happily pay for some home-grown veg! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rest and recuperation are never a waste of a day Sooze - your afternoon plan to sit and read sounds like a good one. Take care (and forget the jobs unless they are absolutely necessary)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to feel guilty if I stayed in bed longer than the clock showed I should get up. Now, I feel like if I need the rest, I'll be better able to enjoy the day if I listen. I'm lounging now in fact, but will get up as it's now 7. An egg sandwich sounds good to me. My lunch perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are starting to feel better.

    When my mother-in-law lived in Bridgwater we often went to Kilve beach whilst visiting her. I loved the geology text book laid out in front of me - Himself loved the exceptional cream teas from the farm at the top of the lane!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my that sounds like a very unpleasant sickness. I am glad you are feeling better. Hmm, sounds like some of the symptoms of Covid.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, however please note that rude ones won't be published. Nor will anonymous ones now.