Followers

Thursday, 4 December 2025

A few hours by myself

 Husband is going on the free shoppers bus to Bridgwater today, giving me around 5 hours to myself.  He did ask if I wanted to go with him, but I politely declined....I've not had much, if any, opportunity for alone time recently, so this 5 hours will be very welcome.  I've got things to do anyway, which will be much easier without all the noise when he's around.  I need to edit my online food shop, which is arriving 18th December, there are a couple of additions and subtractions to make.  I also need to do some financial stuff, which I do need peace and quiet for, it disrupts my attention when husband is constantly chatting to me.  I also want to go through all the Christmas tree decs, I might even get the tree out and put it up.

My ceanothus shrubs arrived yesterday, 3 of them (2 blue and 1 white) well packed and in great condition, we've planted them already.  The blue ones are between 5 and 6 feet tall, the white one currently about 3ft, they'll all do a great job of giving some privacy next year when they've got a bit taller and thickened up.  I'm very pleased with them.  I'm still waiting to see what this proposed fence the neighbour is planning to erect looks like before I decide on trellising.

Rambler, you mentioned Voltarol cream and tablets - unfortunately, I cannot take anti-inflammatories as I have an adverse reaction to them.  For the past few days I've been taking 3 doses of the stronger co-codamol prescribed by the GP - I'm allowed to take 1 or 2 capsules, up to 4x daily, but have been resisting that as I really don't want to become reliant on them, codeine being addictive.  However, taking just 1 capsule 3x daily does seem to be keeping the shoulder pain to a more manageable level, so I'll carry on with that dosage for a short while.

Husband is chattering away to himself sat in front of his computer watching something or other, I don't know what.  I've just had to remind him to turn the computer off and get himself ready to go and catch the bus - he's got no sense of time or urgency, the bus is due at 10.20.

I need to do a freezer inventory before I edit the online food shop, as well as checking the contents of the larder box under my bed.

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy the peace and quiet. Don't forget to use some of it to do your own thing, not just chores!
    Ceanothus is lovely. When it flowers the bees love it.
    I've tried Voltarol cream a few times, when my knee was really painful and lately, on my hand, for trigger finger. It never seems to do a thing for me! I suppose it works for some, but I didn't find myself skipping down the road, like on the adverts! The knee eventually settled down, and I've just had a steroid injection in my hand for the trigger finger. Hoping I can get back to my knitting again soon! I hope you get some permanent relief from your shoulder pain. Pain really does make us feel our age (plus a few more years) doesn't it? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pure bliss being home alone, enjoy the peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ceanothus hedge sounds lovely. Re co-codamol being addictive. It may be for some but not always. I take it regularly for back /knee /hip /rib pain. 8 (of the strongest) a day at one point and had no problems cutting down as the pains eased. At the moment I take 3 a day so that I can stay active. I take them not because I'm addicted but because being in pain is horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you found something that works for your pain. My back is so much better today that I did housework, and baking. Thank you for your concern. I hope you enjoyed the quiet time.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

If yours is an Anonymous account, please give a name. Comments without a name will not be published. Thank you.