The lunch out we had at our favourite tea room yesterday was delicious, I should have taken a photo but forgot. It was a Yorkshire pudding wrap, with a choice of beef or turkey, two items to choose out of sage & onion stuffing, bacon, sausage (veggie sausage option) and fried onions, then a choice of horseradish or cranberry sauce. Husband had beef, stuffing, sausage and horseradish, I had turkey, veggie sausage, stuffing and cranberry sauce. I'm fine with eating a little roast chicken perhaps a couple of times a month so thought I'd be fine with turkey - turned out I wasn't keen. Not to worry, there was plenty of the other stuff in the wrap - filled to bursting actually. The wraps were huge, cut in half - I couldn't finish mine and brought the remaining half home, along with the turkey I took out - Betty had that, they were happy to box it up for me, I had the rest of the wrap for my tea. On the side there were absolutely delicious roast potatoes, very crisp outsides with fluffy middles, just how I like them. And quite a big pot of thick onion gravy to dip them in. They had a selection of cakes and desserts for afters, including iced and marzipanned Christmas cake and mincemeat slices, all homemade - we didn't have any though, too full up.
I've no need to go to the shops again this week or next - thank goodness, as everywhere will be crazy busy and the weather doesn't look good anyway. All my Christmas and Boxing Day cooking is done and frozen, cards all sent off and hand delivered, my cleaner comes today so it's just a case of keeping the place clean and tidy after Hayley's done her super thorough cleaning and dusting. I need to go to the library on Tuesday, and have an appointment for bloods and urine testing on Thursday for my annual diabetes review. Other than that, I don't have much to do so am finally going to watch a few more Youtube how-to videos this week and make a start on those punch needling kits I bought (about time!).
Thanks for all the comments, much appreciated.
That Yorkshire wrap sounds delicious (no meat for me, thanks!🤣). Good that you got to bring some home for Betty, too.
ReplyDeleteWe call things to do, "little jobs". We love it when we have no little jobs and can please ourselves. Today is a no little job day, yippee! xx
I've done loads of 'little jobs' today, K - it's amazing how they all mount up, but a great deal of satisfaction when they're all done! xx
DeleteYour meal sounds amazing. So glad that you enjoyed your meal and got all those little jobs completed.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.