Followers

Sunday, 21 December 2025

Signing off

 Now it's Christmas week, I can feel my mood dropping.  The bottom line is I don't really like Christmas, for lots of reasons, and I can't and won't pretend I do, just for the sake of not being negative - sorry to those who think my blog is very negative but hard luck, this is life, my real life, and I'm not stating it any other way.  Husband has been a big pain in the backside for the past week or so, which makes things even harder, and I always feel very alone at this time of year.

But hey, it's the Winter Solstice today, shortest day, so things can only get better and brighter from now on!

For those who expressed an interest, this is the foot spa from Lidl I bought myself.  I'll do a review on it sometime when I get round to using it.

I may not post much for the next few days or so, if I don't then I'll take this opportunity to wish all my genuinely lovely readers the Christmas of their dreams.  Thank you all for your kindnesses.  xx

PS - to Sue of Hard up Hester blog - I hope the move goes smoothly and you and Beano have the best Christmas ever! xx


15 comments:

  1. I'd forgotten it was the Winter solstice, so thanks for cheering me up, Sooze. I can look forward to brighter days ahead (although Jan/Feb are always the worst months, in my opinion.)
    I hope you, and all your kind readers, have a lovely, restful, peaceful Christmas. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sie haben recht. Ich mag Weihnachten auch nicht mehr wirklich. Das liegt wohl daran, dass ich älter bin und meine Ruhe brauche und keinen Trubel mehr. Trotzdem schöne Feiertage.
    Ich lese Ihren Blog immer sehr gerne und finde ihn nicht negativ.
    Hanni aus Germany

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, I left the flat earlier this morning and am currently at Cass's. I'm moving in to the bungalow on Tuesday and Wednesday I'm back to Cass's for Christmas lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will wish you all the best for Christmas now in case you don't write again before. I hope you can find some happy moments during Christmas week, otherwise enjoy your lovely pre-prepared dinner that is waiting in your freezer and some of the good TV programs.
    We will be at my sister's new wreck of a bungalow (that they have just moved into, and the heating is dodgy and roof leaks!) with all the family and my mum, who will no doubt have a face frostier than any snowman for the whole day. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have the best Christmas you can Sooze and a Happy Christmas to all your readers. Hester (Sue) I am so happy to hear that you have moved and are having Christmas lunch with Cass. Have a lovely time xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Warm Christmas wishes to one and all and you're right, Sooze - we're starting now to move out of the darkness into the light! 🌟

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Christmas Sooze and husband. Hope you have a nice peaceful Christmas day. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Christmas to you and your OH, have a lovely few days and |I hope Betty gets lots of lovely doggie presents. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am another one that has to try to enjoy the Holidays, not trying to be negative it is just that way for me at this stage of my life.
    I am so thankful that it is the solstice....dark dreary days get to me and I just have to accept that they are hard for me and many others. Plowing on, hope you have a calm peaceful week.
    JC

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sooze did you read Blogmas day 19 on Sue’s blog Just books food? She posted a poem that really resonated with me. Hope it might help you too. Wanted to wish you well in 2026 and to thank you for blogging, your blogs really do help me. June xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Christmas to you, your husband and Betty. Hope you are able to enjoy the next week. Best wishes for 2026.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you find some joyful surprises this Christmas season. I just got home from our Christmas Candle Light service; the church is dark and then we all lit candles. Lighter days ahead with winter solstice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel the same way as you do about this time of year. I hope you have an easy, relaxing week, doing the things you want to. Sending you best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wishing you a calm and happy time over Christmas.
    Angie x

    ReplyDelete

If yours is an Anonymous account, please give a name. Comments without a name will not be published. Thank you.