Followers

Friday, 26 December 2025

So that was that

 I spent several hours in my bedroom yesterday, keeping out of husband's way.  He's obviously having a bad time lately, he's been SO argumentative, he contradicts everything I say and seems to just want to pick a fight all the time.  He disagreed with the way I was cooking his gammon, so in the end I just told him to do it himself and I would have no further involvement with it.  He's done nothing but criticise my cooking lately, which irritates me as I've been cooking for about 50 years so like to think I do actually know what I'm doing!

There were just 3 programmes on TV yesterday that I wanted to watch - The Nutcracker by the Royal Ballet, Strictly Christmas special and Call the Midwife.  The first two husband moaned about, but I insisted I was watching them and pointed out he has full control over the TV pretty much all day every day - he does have a TV in his room so could always go watch something else in there!

Although sunny yesterday, it was bitterly cold with a very strong wind - if it hadn't been so cold I'd have gone out for a very long walk, but I just can't cope with the freezing cold and icy winds nowadays.

So I sat in my room and got a lot of reading done, with Betty in her bed beside my chair - she does like to be with me all the time.  The church bells were ringing, sunshine and blue sky through the window, it was rather nice actually.  I got a few messages from family and friends and replied, and looked at a few nurseries and plant suppliers websites, getting some ideas for next year's garden.

Husband is very irritable with Betty lately too and keeps shouting at her when she's a bit lively or being 'naughty' - he just cannot accept that she's merely reacting to him and his attitude.  She's always been a strong-minded, stubborn and lively dog, although not so much now she's older.....but I have no trouble with her at all when husband is out (or asleep), she's as good as gold with me.


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got a bit of quiet time, just you, Betty and a good book. Good to see your New Year's resolution is in place. I know it's not easy to walk away rather than argue your case, but sometimes, for your own sanity, it's the best course of action.
    Very cold here today, but bright, dry and sunny. I'm going to settle down with some crochet, the book I'm reading and whatever takes my fancy on the telly. Only a few more weeks until the weather starts to warm up (or so I keep telling myself!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dogs seem to sense our moods and react to anything unusual so probably Betty is confused if your husband is moody. Mine always know if I'm unwell and sniff my chest if it's a chest infection or my stomach if I have an upset tummy. It's freezing cold here in South Devon too so I'm staying in the warm like you.

    ReplyDelete

If yours is an Anonymous account, please give a name. Comments without a name will not be published. Thank you.