Followers

Thursday 14 July 2022

Aaaarrggghhh!!

 Got home about 7.30 yesterday evening, it was an easy journey with no holdups.  When husband brought the treadmill home last Sunday, he just dumped it in the middle of the lounge - plenty of space up against the wall, but no, for whatever reason, he chose to put it where it was completely in the way.  Sigh.

I've had the most frustrating and irritating morning and now feel completely frazzled.  Firstly we had to move some of the lounge furniture around in order to get the treadmill where I wanted it, in the corner of the room.  Our 3-seater sofa is extremely heavy, so both of us were out of breath and sweating buckets by the time it (and other things, including the rug) were moved.  Then we had the job of unfolding the (big and heavy) treadmill.....husband had been shown by the seller how to do it (I wasn't with him, I'd had to stay in the caravan with the dog) but for whatever reason, it didn't work.  So I suggested a different way of unfolding it....No, he says, it's got to be done this way.  Well dear, that way isn't working, so why don't we try this? says I.  After much grumbling and fiddling around and cursing by him, he tried it my way - bugger me if it didn't actually work!  The trouble with husband is that everything has to be done by the book, the 'right' way, he's not good at thinking outside the box.  He then proceeded to demonstrate how to work it.....I used treadmills regularly in the gym (and we had one of our own a few years back) for a long time, so I do actually know how to use it!  This one has a 'kill switch' on it, a magnetic button attached to the machine, on a cord at the other end of which is a clip which you affix to your clothes.....so that in the event of you falling off the machine (having a heart attack eg 😂), the magnetic button gets pulled off the machine and switches it off.  I know all this, but husband still insisted on telling me.  He then started the treadmill up, accidentally put it up to a high speed, panicked when he realised, and it was left to me to yank the kill switch button off to stop the machine before he was thrown off it (he hadn't attached the clip to himself).  I reckon the kill switch is actually for wrapping the cord around your husband's neck 😉😈

And then it was the turn of finding a new car insurance policy to aggravate me even further.  The car is currently covered with husband's present insurance, which is up for renewal in a week or so.....he had the renewal quote, which was a bit higher than he was expecting, so he had an immediate knee jerk reaction and cancelled it.  As he's no good with computer stuff, I had to do the price comparison quotes - which I absolutely hate doing, anything to do with car stuff bores the absolute pants off me.  Each quote I got was considerably higher than the one he'd had from his present insurers, plus a couple of times the (already rubbish) broadband dropped out, and in one case I got to the end of the 678 pages of bloody questions (well that's what it felt like) they ask and on the final page it said they were unable to provide a quote - no explanation as to why.  By this time I was ready to tear my hair out - I do ALL the admin in our house, for myself, husband, our joint things, house stuff and the dog, the one thing I would like him to do is anything to do with car stuff, it's not a lot to ask is it?!  So I suggested (in a 'do it or else' tone of voice) that he go back on the phone to his present insurer and get the policy reinstated.  Which he's now done.  

He's just gone to see the nurse to get his toes checked and redressed, so I've got 15 mins peace.

We've been together 41 years and I do love him, but honestly sometimes the thought of living ON MY OWN (with Betty of course) in a little bungalow with a small pretty garden, on the edge of a village with a grocery shop in walking distance, is very appealing!

9 comments:

  1. No one could make this up…your life is something else…don’t be aggravated at me, but I chuckled over the treadmill incident…typical man…you are an amazing writer…I know this is your life, but it reads like a soap opera…good luck…prayers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still giggling here about the treadmill and your comment about the kill cord. When you find that bungalow, if there's another next door, earmark it for me will you? We've been married 47 years come Saturday and every day I think I could swing for him. I do love him, he's my best friend, but sometimes... Got to laugh, otherwise you'd cry! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are times when I miss the companionship, the ability to discuss things, to chat to . . . but on the whole, I am happier being on my own with no-one to mither me, or insist on doing things 'his' way and to do what I want, when I want. I don't think I have the patience any more . . .there might be a murder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're in our late 50s and have been married for 33years. I will join you with the bungalow situation! Wouldn't it be nice to just look after ourselves 🙂.

    ReplyDelete
  5. can I come and live next door :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are times I have considered renting a digger and burying Harvey so just his head shows and then throwing bocci balls at him. We have been married for 46 years and I do love him dearly, but still.....

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There has to be an all woman bungalow village out there somewhere....everyone's comments cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have been married for 50 years. He is still the light and love of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bet you understand why I live next door to my hubby 😁😎😂

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, however please note that rude ones won't be published. Nor will anonymous ones now.