Followers

Tuesday 27 November 2018

Day 2 and a fuzzy head

Thanks for the comments....Day 1 of the diet went surprisingly well, we enjoyed the food and didn't feel like we were missing out on anything, and certainly not starving.  The only thing I've noticed is that through the night and this morning I have brain fog, blocked sinuses and feel very headachey - possibly some withdrawal symptoms.  If so, it'll go soon.  I am prone to sinus trouble anyhow.

I'm finding it useful to involve husband in the meal preparations - he's interested and enthusiastic and thus more likely to stick to the diet.  Plus I get help with things like chopping veggies and can delegate some prep to him, win win!

With our roast chicken leg last night, I sliced and roasted half a cauliflower, sprinkled with a little paprika and sage.  It was blooming delicious, don't think I'll ever have plain boiled cauli ever again.  The 'gravy' made from the juice from the tin of tomatoes I had for breakfast, with some water, a chicken stock cube and some herbs added, then boiled and simmered until reduced and thickened a bit, was lovely.  Plenty of flavour and no carbs from added cornflour or gravy granules.

Today's food:-

Breakfast - Fresh fruit salad....homegrown strawberries and blueberries from the freezer, with chopped plums and a mango.

Lunch - Homemade chicken soup made with some frozen cooked chicken and stock, and fresh veggies - the other half of the cauli, a large leek from the garden, one carrot and some mushrooms.  As I'm not using anything to thicken the stock, I'll blitz the cauli and carrot into rice - they'll absorb liquid and give the appearance of thickening the soup.

Dinner - Some minute steak, cut into ribbons and flash fried with a spray of oil from a spray dispenser just so it doesn't stick, with a splash of red wine vinegar.  Served on a bed of spinach, tinned chopped tomatoes and mushrooms, with broccoli on the side.

My anxiety levels are a bit high at the moment, for whatever reason, I'm having to take more of the anxiety meds to control it.  I have been taking just 1 tab a day (I can take up to 3), but have increased it to 2.  Hopefully that will help.  Am still weeing for England now I'm taking the additional diabetes med, that must be helping me to lose weight!  And it means I get extra exercise running up and down stairs to the loo all the time....(well, not running, more like a faster climb than usual!).  It's a pity the previous tenant ripped out the downstairs cloakroom and turned it into a coal shed (Grrr.  I assume he must have got permission from the landlord, although I can't think why they thought it was a good idea!!).

4 comments:

  1. Looking good. The fuzz could be withdrawal or just because there's a change in your diet.
    All the weeing will help your fluid balance, that's for sure!
    Good luck
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your meals sound lovely.
    Keep going.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doing well , sounds good and good for your inventive cooking ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dinner sounds even better than lunch, and that sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, however please note that rude ones won't be published. Nor will anonymous ones now.