Followers

Tuesday 8 March 2022

And it's done

 I think most of us are married to clones of my husband, judging by the comments! 😂

Yesterday though he did really well, taking out the small cupboard/fixed shelving that was in the way.  It came out really quickly and easily, no bother at all.  He then painted the little bit of wall and infilled the gap in the floor with some spare carpet, put the recliner chair in place and job done.  We're so pleased with it.  



Primroses between us and the next van, there's loads scattered around.

It was really cold in the morning at the van, soon warmed up with the electric fire on though, and by lunchtime the sun had come out and we were almost too warm there.....the front of the van is south facing and gets flooded with sunshine.  We came home after lunch as we had things to do at home.  When we go back next week it's just a question of giving everything a good clean and hoover, filling up the cupboards and making up the beds.  Now it's all done, it really will be just relaxing and enjoying our time over there.  I'm looking forward to my sister coming down for a holiday, and so is she.  

Hazel, thank you, yes that blanket was an Attic 24 kit, the Sweet pea pack I think.  I did start off following Lucy's pattern, but went off plan and just chose whatever colours I liked out of the pack after that.  Marlene, I wish I could change the weather to whatever we wanted or needed, wouldn't that be good!  It's sunny with a pink and blue sky this morning, but very cold with quite a strong freezing wind.  My gardens both here and at the caravan need tidying up, but it's far too cold for me to work out there, I'm definitely a fair weather gardener and really feel the cold nowadays.

Today we're going shopping to stock up on tins, packets, jars and toiletries - a store cupboard shop for both the van and home.

13 comments:

  1. Sooze, you must both be so chuffed! It looks lovely. Wish I lived close enough for an in-person visit.😁 The weather will soon be warm enough for us fair weather gardeners. I, for one, can't wait! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks absolutely lovely - a really homey vibe to it all. The primroses are just beautiful too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks really lovely. I too am a fair weather gardener. Can't wait for some warmth and sun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you soon got that sorted. Looking very good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now it's your rest time, but I'm thinking you like to keep busy and do things, hence your enjoyment of doing up the van, remember to take some crafting items to the van to keep your fingers busy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks great, the one downside to the usual fixed caravan seating is that it does get uncomfortable after a while. I used to have loads of cushions that I was permanently arranging and rearranging in a bid to get comfortable. So many owners now rip out the fixed seating and do just as you have.

    I don't think it's just that so many of us are married to clones of your hubby ... simply that we are married to men!! Some days you can understand why after a long marriage more and more women meet a female partner later in life, my sister-in-law did just that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We'll done. Do you keep extra books, favorites for reading again? One thing I want for our room at our family lake cabin is a bike shelf and to fill it with beach reads, classics, and a few favorites for rainy days and mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks really good and so much more comfortable no doubt. I like the colour purple. Hopefully the weather will start to warm up soon so you can really enjoy your time there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Sooze - it looks PERFECT! Our poor maligned men folks - it's their own fault!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking good Sooze and your blanket too - we are heading off to our caravan at the cottage in Scotland this week - the propane gas is so expensive now for the heating I think extra throws and jumpers will be in order and most of our meals I plan to make on the hob to save putting the gas oven on which is not terribly efficient.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The caravan looks so cozy. Well done to you Sooze. I love your version of Lucy's (Attic 24) blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that looks so comfortable. You are really fixing your caravan up.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a fine home away from home. Warm and inviting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, however please note that rude ones won't be published. Nor will anonymous ones now.