The Blogger problems seem to be getting worse, I've had several regular readers emailing me to say they haven't seen any posts from me recently. I do post most days but, as seems to be a regular occurrence lately, they don't appear on the reading list until hours or even days later. Ho hum.
Husband has gone on the free shoppers bus to Bridgwater, so I have 4 or 5 hours to myself at home - lovely. I did briefly consider going with him, but it's too long to leave Betty on her own nowadays. I'm not doing much, just sitting in my bedroom chair crocheting and reading, with the radio on my favourite station, Greatest Hits. I've been feeling quite tired recently, so a day of rest - peaceful rest at that - is just what I need. I'm going to try and get the shades of purple warm cardi I started a few weeks ago finished in time for our holiday, I may even start another one, I could do with a plain navy one. If I don't finish that, I'll take it with me.
I've just bought the final 3 of Jilly Cooper's Rutshire Chronicles series of books, I've read all the previous 8 but not the last 3 published, in fact I didn't even realise she'd written more. I'll save them to take away with me, they're long books (she generally writes about 6-800 pages) so will have plenty of reading matter.
I'm not doing a load of food shopping and cooking before we go, we'll just take enough food for the first couple of days - there are supermarkets not far away so we'll go shopping once we're there.
There's not a great amount of noise next door (so far) today - it's not continuous and ear piercing like it was yesterday, just intermittent. There only seems to be 2 builders there, so a lot less shouting too. Our next door neighbours, whose garden also backs onto the building site, were also complaining about the noise to us yesterday evening, they had visitors and said it was impossible to sit in their garden, which they'd normally do, because of the racket going on.
I'm so glad you have a respite from the racket, even if it is temporary (which hopefully it isn't!) Enjoy the peace and quiet and have a doze if needed. I hope you'll show us the cardi when it's finished. I'd love to get crocheting and knitting again, but my finger is not yet healed from the steroid injection , keeps triggering, so I'm sewing instead. Attempting to make a patchwork denim jacket out of jeans that have "shrunk in the wash". ๐คฃ ๐xx
ReplyDeleteDifficult, isn't it. Things have to be done but I do wonder whether all the shouting, etc, is necessary. I'd love to see the cardigan too. xx
ReplyDeleteHopefully, you'll have a peaceful Monday, they'll be too tired and hung over after celebrating, or not, winning the match. xx
ReplyDelete