I tried gently explaining to husband yesterday that his actions could have consequences - I know he's joking when he says things, but people who don't know us have no idea whether he's joking or serious. He did his usual childish response of blowing a raspberry at me, sneering and walked out of the room before I'd even finished speaking. I'm finding it quite difficult to cope with the problems he throws up at the moment, and it will only get worse. It's even more difficult right now because we're stuck inside due to the heat, it's too hot to sit outside in our (now peaceful!) garden and we don't want to go out anywhere in the car unless it's absolutely necessary. It's hot from the get go this morning, already 25 deg with no wind.
I'm a bit worried about our week's holiday....a week is a long time to spend in an unfamiliar place with someone who has challenging behaviour. I need a break and a change of scenery though. I'll just have to grit my teeth and do my utmost to avoid confrontations, going out for a walk if I need some alone time. I'll take a couple of books and some crochet to keep me occupied, husband will have the TV and I'll get him a few DVDs to take with us. I'll be doing minimal cooking, just quick easy meals.
Our garden is suffering, husband is (quite rightly) concentrating on keeping the growing veggies watered, lots of the flowering plants are looking scorched and droopy and aren't flowering like they should be. Ah well, hopefully they'll recover when the weather gets a bit cooler.
Sooze, I really don't know how stretched your patience must get at times. I wish I could give you a hug and take you for a coffee and de-brief!
ReplyDeleteHopefully, the weather will be a little kinder when you have your holiday, and you can disappear on a nice stroll, leaving him to the TV.
Yes, the gardens are suffering now. I water the pots and refresh all the bowls/birdbaths that are scattered around the garden, but the beds and the lawn are on their own, I'm afraid! If only it would rain overnight and be pleasantly warm and sunny during the day. If I were in charge...🤣 xx
Thanks K, it's much appreciated xx
DeleteOh Sooze, I feel for you. It must be so difficult. Maybe plan for doing your own thing a lot while youre away. It's still a change of scenery... if I recall the accommodation is in a beautiful setting. As happy hooker says, leave him to the TV if you have to. Hopefully it will be a really big one to keep him happy and you'll get some peace and quiet in a beautiful place. Xx
ReplyDelete